Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex ED 3x CLI question

I've read this a few times.. I don't think I understand lol. 

So, on my 61st day, I call Amex and ask them for 3x my current CL?

Message 4801 of 5,432
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yep, easy peasy.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4802 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had an Amex CSR over the phone, the precise reason for denying my CLI request is "tenure with Amex is too short". Would that mean that  I applied too soon ? CSR mentioned that re-applying before 90 days could lead potentially to a HP,  never heard of that here, sounded pretty weird.

Would the right move be to wait 90 days before reapplying or just reapply within a couple days (guess my account should definitly be eligible then)?

Message 4803 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tenure means time, and apparently they feel you haven't been with them long enough. Not everyone is eligible for a 61 day CLI, it's YMMV

But the DPs show that it works out 90% of the time. 

You either requested too soon, as in under 60 days. Or you profile/usage doesn't support it?

Message 4804 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So, on my 61st day, I call Amex and ask them for 3x my current CL?

No need to call; Talking to human beings sucks.  You can do the request online in a fraction of the time.

Message 4805 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Tenure means time, and apparently they feel you haven't been with them long enough. Not everyone is eligible for a 61 day CLI, it's YMMV

But the DPs show that it works out 90% of the time. 

You either requested too soon, as in under 60 days. Or you profile/usage doesn't support it?

Thanks for your answer, I always have PIF and util was definitly under 20% (on this account and the other one I have). Current income is 90K.
The only issue with my profile is my short overall credit history.

I guess I will wait for the letter and probably reapply, just to be sure that the issue was not that I applied too soon (although I paid attention to the timing before applying).

Message 4806 of 5,432
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Was at $43K limit.

Tried going to something high like $75K lol.

Had to work my way down and ended up getting approved for $53K.

Tried a little higher for like $55K even, but system seemed hard capped at $53K and asked if I wanted to Accept/Decline.

Message 4807 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I guess I will wait for the letter and probably reapply, just to be sure that the issue was not that I applied too soon (although I paid attention to the timing before applying).

I received the letter, it says that I was denied because of the following :

- Your account was opened recently, and your tenure with American Express is too short

-  Our scoring of your credit and other relevant information (see below)

We evaluated your application using a credit scoring system that considers various pieces of information including your credit report. The following key factors contributed to our evaluation :

- The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is too short

____

Could someone confirm whether or not this means that I applied for a CLI too quickly ? (Looks like it but just want to make sure of it)

If so, what's the soonest I can reapply (I heard right away, 31 days or 91 days and I am therefore a bit confused) ?

Thanks for your help so far!

Message 4808 of 5,432
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It does seem you requested CLI too early. Did you recount the days to make sure it actually was 61 days? If it was, your count may be off by 1 day as far as AmX is concerned. I used a date calculator to get the date and AmX still told me I requested at 60 days. 🤔 So now I always add a day or 2.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4809 of 5,432
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:
It does seem you requested CLI too early. Did you recount the days to make sure it actually was 61 days? If it was, your count may be off by 1 day as far as AmX is concerned. I used a date calculator to get the date and AmX still told me I requested at 60 days. 🤔 So now I always add a day or 2.

GL2U

yup me too. i'm outside the country a lot so throw in a couple of time zones and day light savings....boom....massive confusion.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 4810 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.