Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@Anonymous wrote:

Initial credit limit was given for $20000. Did a CLI after 61 days and it got approved for $34900. After 180 days submitted another request for $39900. I was told that a letter will be sent in 7-10 days. Credit score is decent enough (706). CL sitting at 210K. Usage 23%. I don't know what went wrong.

Helloooooo!!!!!!

Nothing went wrong. 

You're way ahead of the curve.

Sometimes we just have to be more grateful.

JMO. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4871 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received a letter from AMEX stating "The amount currently outstanding on your AMEX account(s) is too high relative to the income you provided on your application".

I provided $150K as my income. Is AMEX expecting $200K? 

Message 4872 of 5,432
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

No, AmX is not expecting a $200K income. What they want is for you to pay down the outstanding balance on your AmX card vs using a CLI to lower UT. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4873 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. My current utilization is hovering around 25%. If I lower it down to < 10% and if I apply for a CLI, will I be getting a CLI? 

Message 4874 of 5,432
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay. My current utilization is hovering around 25%. If I lower it down to < 10% and if I apply for a CLI, will I be getting a CLI? 

Of course if you lower your UT to <8.9%, your chances of approval are much higher. However, it also depends on the UT of your other CCs. Can you provide the UT for those too, if you don't mind.

Message 4875 of 5,432
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

AMEX 61 day CLI and SP schedule

I am now over my 61st day of my account opening. I was approved with a 1k CL which I know can be a little harder to get out of quickly sometimes. I want to make sure that I am understanding correctly that AMEX will not necessarily run a new SP for my CLI request, rather use the most recent SP they have on file. Reason being is that my EX score is showing 659 in the FICO score section on AMEX, but was from Nov. 9th. Since then, it has risen to 686, which I am hoping gives me at least a fighting chance at my first 3X. They have been updating this every 2 weeks for me right now, but it sounds like for others it may update monthly instead? I assume this is because my account is newer. I am assuming once my FICO score updates on their site/app that I am clear to pull the trigger at that point since they obviously have that information on file. As always, thank you all for your invaluable experience, information, and advice! Hopefully the next post you see from me will be in the approvals section! Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4876 of 5,432
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX 61 day CLI and SP schedule

Just from my experience I would wait until it is the higher one on their site.     Even when mine was over 700 on their site they said NO-GO right now because I still had some higher utilization on another card.....but *fingers crossed* they will allow your increase.    I have had a no 3 times now....I am new to credit in General but two of those No's were dumb on my part (asking when I didn't check the FICO on their site) and then asking with the Utilization being higher when I was trying to ask the phone representative they went ahead and pulled it before answering my question then said they said no because of the Utilization.....SMH that was the whole reason for me calling in was to ask if they take that into consideration even if it isn't on that specific card..........but oh well.....Hopefully mentioning this will help out others and if they do say no a few times I have read that is common as well but once they do start giving increases I have heard they are very generous so Good Luck!!

Message 4877 of 5,432
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Thanks for chiming in! Yes, I am absolutely going to wait for it to update either way, just making sure my understanding of the topic as a whole was correct, just for my understanding and anyone else who happened to take a glance. My aggregate util is currently at about 2% and I’m showing AZEO, so I’m hoping this too will work in my favor! Here’s to hoping you and I both get in on the AMEX luv! Smiley Happy

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4878 of 5,432
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you have a great shot, I'm not to sure how 'thin' your file is but around 2% Agg. is Great and your Score though I recommend it being over 700 is still over 650 which is good if it does pop up to over 700 I think that will work way more in your favor, but the way I see it you have a great chance.   And LOL ty <3    I'm going to shoot my shot early quarter next year since right now my UTL is a bit high and I am like No-Way fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me lolol.

Message 4879 of 5,432
elixerin
Established Contributor

heya friends, just recently got the AMEX CM with 4k SL on Nov 8, i heard amex doesn’t mind what the statement balance is as long as you PIF.

EXP 714 on Approval
currently at 95% uti but no statement generated yet and will be PIF.

what im wondering is should i pay this down (15-20%) before new statement and then PIF that by next statement or PIF the 95% as soon as statement cuts? what would boast my chances you guys think

61 D for me is Jan 8. (two statements will report till then and only the 2nd will show on CRA’s)
only 1 other cc with $5/$2000 report on approval gonna be zero for few months to try to nail 3x + amex more rewarding currently

also amex mentioned to me that they only show up on CRA’s after SECOND statement gen which for me is pretty much my 61, but internally they’ll see 95% uti regardless of what CRA’s see currently... or is 95%—>1-8.9% the statement of 61D okay? thx for input
Message 4880 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.