Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

When AMEX starts you with a lower SL 1-2K, as stated here numerous times the 3X the limit is a hit or miss .
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4901 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Derp. I got denied my 3x CLI. 

Reason: "low fico score"

Fico score given: 719

Reporting balance: $67/2000 when applied.

.... ok then

What does the rest of your credit profile look like?

NFCU Visa - $307/$15,000

Lowes - $0/$5000

GECU Gold Visa - $0/$5000

Amex ED - $67/$2000

PayPal MC - $0/$2000

Discover - $259/$1750

Sams Club MC - $0/$1500

NFCU Amex - $0/$1000

Target - $0/$500

Cap1 Secured - $0/$500

So, I don't really understand. Perhaps its because of my profile age going back to 5mos from 1 yr from the new accs?

Okay, so I'm going to take a stab since you didn't provide much DPs. Are you saying your AAOA is 5 months. If yes, then yes, that would be a big factor for a decline.

How many accounts have your opened in the last 3/6/12 months and how many inquiries in the same timeframe?

Also, usually more than one reason is given for a decline. What were the other reasons beside low score?

Length of time accounts have been established

Lack of recent information on installment accounts

Lenght of revolving account history

Too many inquiries in the last 12 months (EX:4)

Screenshot 2019-12-14 at 2.56.04 PM.png

Message 4902 of 5,432
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks 513Credit. Now I hope you understand why you were denied. You have opened way too many accounts in a very short period of time.

You have a decent haul so now is a good time to stop applying for credit and allow the AoYA to age 12 months.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4903 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, just because the CLI is a SP. It doesn't mean they don't see what you've been up to in the past 6 months!

However, had they indicated this instead of just citing low score. You would not have had your head scratching moment.

FYI, these SP CLI's have a better affect while in the Garden. Hence why they're so popular. Requesting an increase during app sprees are seen as credit seeking behavior.

Message 4904 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

But what if your app spree was with Amex? I got 2 cards in 2 mths with them. Plus Apple Card but that’s only showing on TU for now.
Message 4905 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following up on my post to share I got my 3x CLI! Got it around day 72. I waited for my company payment on my corporate card to hit then asked for the CLI on my Everyday card. Waiting now for 181 days when I can ask again.
Message 4906 of 5,432
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't think the corporate card payment would have anything to do with it, but who knows. Either way, congrats!

As I described a few pages ago in this thread, I was denied at about day 63 or 64 - I assume for a massive number of new accounts and inquiries (fair enough, as you can see in my signature). Planning to try again around March 1, which will be about 100 days after the denial. For the first time in two or three months, I am getting preapprovals again on some Amex cards (cobrands only), so that probably augers well.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 4907 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 6 month window is coming up in Jan. Recently opened 2 new accounts (November and October) with other banks. Should I wait another month to be safe or let it fly?
Message 4908 of 5,432
crys12065
Established Contributor

Amex reallocate and 3X CLI?

Hey all, I couldn’t really find an answer for this.
If I move part of my Delta limit over to my BCP then when it’s time for my First 3X CLI on the BCP would I request 3X the original limit or do I request 3X the new limit?

And Would it affect my chances of a CLI, or should I wait until after I request it on the BCP then reallocate?

And also does reallocation affect your 0% intro promo period on the card your transferring to?

I never use my Delta card so it just makes sense to move what I can to the BCP.
Thanks for the help.

In the garden until 2020
Message 4909 of 5,432
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex reallocate and 3X CLI?

@crys12065 wrote:
Hey all, I couldn’t really find an answer for this.
If I move part of my Delta limit over to my BCP then when it’s time for my First 3X CLI on the BCP would I request 3X the original limit or do I request 3X the new limit?

And Would it affect my chances of a CLI, or should I wait until after I request it on the BCP then reallocate?

And also does reallocation affect your 0% intro promo period on the card your transferring to?

I never use my Delta card so it just makes sense to move what I can to the BCP.
Thanks for the help.

Does not affect CLI if you reallocate.

you would ask 3x your original CL

should not affect the 0% promo period.

Message 4910 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.