Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@swpopham wrote:

Anyone ever get a CLI approved after getting the 7-10 day message?

That is almost always a denial 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5181 of 5,432
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

I think I remember seeing one solitary post somewhere in the 5k+ messages of this thread in which the poster reported a positive result after receiving the 7-10 day message. That seems close enough to "never," particularly when you factor in the possibility that the poster could have been mistaken. 

Message 5182 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data point: I´m new to the country and thus the credit score life. First account opened in September 2019, and first Amex in April 2020 with a Fico score of 709. I tried the 3x CLI on day 62 after opening the account, but got the "7-10 days"-message, and was denied due to the credit score being to low. It was 716 at the time, and I had recently opened my second Amex card. Both had $1000 limits at the time.

Today, on day 184 since opening the first accound, I tried again, and this time I was approved for a $3000 limit with a immediate approval! Fico Score is 737 at the moment. It feels awesome, and I will probably apply for the Delta Gold today. Will be interesting to see what the limit will be on that, but if it is only $1000 again I can transfer some from the $3000 card.

A big thank you to the forum for all the information and guidance!

Message 5183 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

i need some help from the amex gurus, i made a seperate thread

HERE 

Message 5184 of 5,432
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Questions about CLI's.  DW's account.  Tried for a CLI a couple months back at least and the request was denied.  This was for a 3x CLI on a Delta Gold with a $1k starter limit.  Since, due to not paying attention, tried again too soon and got the letter saying so.

I deal with all financial stuff like this at her request and must have misfiled the initial letter because it is nowhere to be found so that initial denial letter can not help at the moment.

Questions:  

1.  Can one initiate a chat to find out that CLI denial date?  Or should a CLI just be tried again and see what happens?

2.  She also has a $3k Lowes Biz card from June 6 that may be a better candidate due to a potentially larger increase. Can a portion of limits be moved from Biz to Personal?  

3.  Is that 91 days from a CLI denial across all cards or card specific?

Thank you!

She is at 740 or so EX FICO 08

Amex Gold personal, 1.2 years

Amex Delta Gold 7 months

Amex Lowes Biz 4 months

Amex Blue Plus Biz - 3 months

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 5185 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Questions about CLI's.  DW's account.  Tried for a CLI a couple months back at least and the request was denied.  This was for a 3x CLI on a Delta Gold with a $1k starter limit.  Since, due to not paying attention, tried again too soon and got the letter saying so.

I deal with all financial stuff like this at her request and must have misfiled the initial letter because it is nowhere to be found so that initial denial letter can not help at the moment.

Questions:  

1.  Can one initiate a chat to find out that CLI denial date?  Or should a CLI just be tried again and see what happens?

2.  She also has a $3k Lowes Biz card from June 6 that may be a better candidate due to a potentially larger increase. Can a portion of limits be moved from Biz to Personal?  

3.  Is that 91 days from a CLI denial across all cards or card specific?

Thank you!

She is at 740 or so EX FICO 08

Amex Gold personal, 1.2 years

Amex Delta Gold 7 months

Amex Lowes Biz 4 months

Amex Blue Plus Biz - 3 months

Yes you can initiate chat to ask the date. 

I don't think American Express controls Lowe's cards; they just use the American Express payment network. I don't know if you can move from business to personal. Someone will come along with answers to the remaining questions. 

Message 5186 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a note when asking via chat when you are eligible for a CLI on your account. Make sure you ask when you last applied for a CLI, not if you are eligible for a CLI. I as well had misplaced my letter from last CLI request, first rep on chat said I was eligible and could request again right there. I said no, I knew I was under 91 days. Next rep verified my account with my card number and gave me the date of last request. Verified it a few days later when I found the letter misfiled.

Message 5187 of 5,432
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think American Express controls Lowe's cards; they just use the American Express payment network. I don't know if you can move from business to personal. Someone will come along with answers to the remaining questions. 

It is an actual AMEX Lowes Business card... 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 5188 of 5,432
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a note when asking via chat when you are eligible for a CLI on your account. Make sure you ask when you last applied for a CLI, not if you are eligible for a CLI. I as well had misplaced my letter from last CLI request, first rep on chat said I was eligible and could request again right there. I said no, I knew I was under 91 days. Next rep verified my account with my card number and gave me the date of last request. Verified it a few days later when I found the letter misfiled.

Good tip, Thank you.  I still can not find that letter.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 5189 of 5,432
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The Lowe's Business card is issued by American Express, not by a 3rd party using the AMEX network.

As a reminder, dscussion pertaining to this card and any other business card including those issued by American Express should be done in the Business Credit section. This section of the forum is dedicated to personal cards. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5190 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.