Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex CLI questions....

1) No. I'm sure you could call in & ask a rep though...

2) Yes. Requesting is no issue. While most Amex cli are softs that is no guarentee.

Message 5211 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Yes and I am still at $59,900.  6 months later I tried for another $100 to round off my limit and no such luck, so I'm 100% sure the ceiling on my account has been reached.

Message 5212 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried reducing it by $1,900 first then asking for $2K even? Maybe you should recon telling them you have sever OCD and need it to be an even amount.

Message 5213 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you tried reducing it by $1,900 first then asking for $2K even? Maybe you should recon telling them you have sever OCD and need it to be an even amount.

What makes you think that would yield a different result? 

I do have a bit of the OCD thing going on.  And, it's just $100...

It took me forever to get a few hundred bucks out of Discover to grab an even $50k limit. 

Message 5214 of 5,432
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

I just got approved for the BCP at 15K the otther day.

What is the best strategy for getting the highest CLI at 61 days?

I plan on spending an average of 2-3K per month on this card for the first 6 months.

Is high spend more/less important with Amex?

What amount should my 61 day CLI ask be? 

DP's

EX Fico9 828

Fico8 scores all right around 800

Income 165K

DTI < 12%

UTI < 1%

Highest CL PenFed PCR 25K

AAoA 2.5 years

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 5215 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to update- 

Fico score updated on AMEX website today Nov 21 to 747. Made request online from 2k-6k and got the 7-10 day message. Called AMEX and the automated line said there was no record of a CLI request. Entered the info again on the phone and was again denied. Spoke to rep and they read the letter which had the pull and score from Oct 24 (712), not the score from today. Offered to submit for review and I declined. 
Called back to a couple minutes later to request review and the automated system again told me there was no record for a CLI request in the last 90 days? 

Hope this info can help someone else out. Might 

Message 5216 of 5,432
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@raisemysc0re wrote:

I just got approved for the BCP at 15K the otther day.

What is the best strategy for getting the highest CLI at 61 days?

I plan on spending an average of 2-3K per month on this card for the first 6 months.

Is high spend more/less important with Amex?

What amount should my 61 day CLI ask be? 

DP's

EX Fico9 828

Fico8 scores all right around 800

Income 165K

DTI < 12%

UTI < 1%

Highest CL PenFed PCR 25K

AAoA 2.5 years

High spend.

Let balance report. 

PIF.   While success with AMEX isn't predicated on being a transactor it's traditionally been the best path. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5217 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  That happened to me too. Then when I did eventually get the letter, it said my payments weren't high enough. I think AMEX has really cut back on granting CLIs. I have 0% interest til mid next yr so I'm carrying a small 15% balance that I'm paying off over time. I just made it past the 91 days from that denial...I am thinking maybe I ask for a CLI on my other AMEX which I PIF every month. 

Message 5218 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Another update! Asked for review after calling back a second time. Logged in this morning to find a new limit of 4K from 2k! Not quite 3x but stoked nonetheless!

Message 5219 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Congrats! Better than nothing! But now you have to wait 6 months! Maybe then AMEX will be more open to 3X again. I'm going to try again with my other card today and see if I can get $4k additional CLI. Fingers crossed. 

Message 5220 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.