Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@FinStar wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

For those with the Cash Magnet, are you seeing the 3x growth because I have tried like hell to get mine to grow and it won't budge. I do wonder if they are still kinda mad at me for burning them in BK back in 2012. Glad to have the card but it is strange that it isn't growing like my partner who has a BCE and got it at the same time as me and her's went 3x right when it was supposed to. 

What have the letters stated with the declined requests? When I had the Cash Magnet, it grew without issues.  So, it has nothing to do with the product itself. 

That said, it's been reported that AmEx has been known to cite the usual "previous relationship" boiler plate language on declined CLI requests if you burned them in the past.

I will get my decline letter from the mailbox and report back. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 5421 of 5,432
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

For those with the Cash Magnet, are you seeing the 3x growth because I have tried like hell to get mine to grow and it won't budge. I do wonder if they are still kinda mad at me for burning them in BK back in 2012. Glad to have the card but it is strange that it isn't growing like my partner who has a BCE and got it at the same time as me and her's went 3x right when it was supposed to. 

What have the letters stated with the declined requests? When I had the Cash Magnet, it grew without issues.  So, it has nothing to do with the product itself. 

That said, it's been reported that AmEx has been known to cite the usual "previous relationship" boiler plate language on declined CLI requests if you burned them in the past.

Even if you have any older letters as well, since it sounds like this wasn't the first time you've made the CLI request?

On the upside, it's not 'stuck' at the $1K level so it's possible it can grow, so as long as AmEx isn't referencing your prior history with them.

Message 5422 of 5,432
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Even if you have any older letters as well, since it sounds like this wasn't the first time you've made the CLI request?

On the upside, it's not 'stuck' at the $1K level so it's possible it can grow, so as long as AmEx isn't referencing your prior history with them.

I have tried a couple of times since I passed the 61-day mark and they didn't stick me with the $1k "we will see what happens" limit. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 5423 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today was day 181 from last CLI ($2k-$4k) on what was then my BCE. Took a PC offer last month to a CM with a $150 statement credit after $1k spend, paid out a few days ago. Requested a 3x CLI to $12k and was instantly approved! 

EX Fico 8 715

22% UTI

Message 5424 of 5,432
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Today was day 181 from last CLI ($2k-$4k) on what was then my BCE. Took a PC offer last month to a CM with a $150 statement credit after $1k spend, paid out a few days ago. Requested a 3x CLI to $12k and was instantly approved! 

EX Fico 8 715

22% UTI

Wow, that's a sweet deal and growth right there! Congrats 🎉 

Message 5425 of 5,432
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Couldn't be more true. As long as they're not referring to your prior history, getting over the 1K hump is very possible. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 5426 of 5,432
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

EX Fico 8 715

22% UTI

Congrats on 3X CLI!!! 🥳🥳🥳

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 5427 of 5,432
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Hi! 

Just like NFCU thread, this one has reached the end of it's life span and will be closed in the upcoming days.

If anyone is interested in starting (and maintaining) new one, please feel free to PM any moderator. 

Message 5428 of 5,432
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Is it archived? Still readable? Or at least the important information?

Message 5429 of 5,432
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Gregory1776 wrote:

Is it archived? Still readable? Or at least the important information?

The thread will be closed to further comments when it gets locked.  You will still be able to view it in "read only" mode.

Message 5430 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.