Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Thank you very much for the reply. Underwriting guidelines make sense, I wasn't thinking in that vein, strictly amount of credit extended.

As to my other question, with my BCE CLI denial and CM card approval on the same day, would I be looking at 91 days, or 181 days for next CLI eligibility?

Thanks again!
Message 4601 of 5,432
GenesisLS
Valued Member

@MachoHombre OMG. That. Is. Hilarious.

Message 4602 of 5,432
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@MachoHombre wrote:

As I noted on a recent post (above) I applied for CLI and repeatedly got asked for POI (4506-T).  I also received the peculiar site maintenance note repeatedly when I backed out and tried again with lower amount.   Anyway the combination of attempts kept the postman busy today.amex.jpg

That's awesome!  Hey, @Anonymous - deja vu?  Smiley Surprised

Message 4603 of 5,432
GMCTexas
New Contributor

I'm approaching my 61 days with my new BCE. My initial SL was only 2k. Month 1 I used it heavily, but paid it down to about 5% utilization at the due date. I'm currently at a balance of about $1700. Have already made an $800 payment so nothing due until after the close of the statement in early June. Is there any concensus about what kind of balance, none/low/doesn't matter is beneficial before asking for the CLI. I can certainly pay it way down again if need be, but if it doesn't matter I'll just wait til the due date.

I've had other cards deny me for a CLI because I didn't use them much. So I was hoping carrying a large balance relative to the card limit might indicate I need more spending power. Or maybe it doesn't matter at all?
Message 4604 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only put a few hundred dollars on my card per month. They still gave me a large CLI more than once. Imo while there are cards that want you to spend a certain amount before they will give you a CLI, I don't think carrying a balance & having high util on a card is a good idea.
Message 4605 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

That's awesome!  Hey, @Anonymous - deja vu?  Smiley Surprised

For sure, although I think I had that stack beat by 3 envelopes Smiley Wink

Message 4606 of 5,432
GMCTexas
New Contributor

Well they give you a credit limit for a reason. And as I stated, I've been denied CLI because I didn't use the card enough. So I was using it heavily thinking if my usage shows I may need more than $2k they'd give it to me.

Also, it's 0% for 15 months. No reason not to take advantage of it. I see ppl freaking about paying something off immediately with 0% interest. Whst good is the 0% offer if you don't take advantage of it?
Message 4607 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GMCTexas wrote:
And as I stated, I've been denied CLI because I didn't use the card enough.

Coming from Amex, that's a bogus denial reason.

Plenty of people, myself included, use barely any of their limit and get large CLIs.  Heck, I don't even use 1% of my limit in 6 months, meaning I don't even use one quarter of one percent of my limit per cycle and I still get $5k CLIs every 6 months.

Message 4608 of 5,432
GMCTexas
New Contributor

Yesterday was my 61 days. Waited until this morning to request CLI. My SL was 2k. I've put alot of spend on it, run it up to 1500-1700 and paid it down to near 0 each time. Asked for 3x (6k) got the 7-10 day message/denial. Asked for 5k, same. 🙄
Message 4609 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awwww, sorry you didn't get it. But it's not unusual. don't get 3x at 61 either. They gave it later, same low spend. When they are ready to give, they give. Good luck on the next request.
Message 4610 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.