Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI Help/Feedback

Gosh, for some reason I thought it was each card. Not total for being $35K max exposure. Guessing that since I'm at $40K total with them I'd be hit with IV on my next request. 

Message 4941 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kudosalert wrote:

So i've got 2 more months before i'm eligible for another CLI request. Current exposure with Amex is 18.6k. Does any body have any new DPs on request for financials? 

Keeping all cards under 25k and total exposure to less than 35k still holds true?

I don't think that has ever been the case.  From what I've observed Amex generally starts asking for income verification at around $35K per card, not total limits.

Message 4942 of 5,432
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kudosalert wrote:

So i've got 2 more months before i'm eligible for another CLI request. Current exposure with Amex is 18.6k. Does any body have any new DPs on request for financials? 

Keeping all cards under 25k and total exposure to less than 35k still holds true?

I don't think that has ever been the case.  From what I've observed Amex generally starts asking for income verification at around $35K per card, not total limits.

@Anonymous wrote:

@kudosalert wrote:

It's on the 1st post of this thread but dated 2017 so I wanted to check reason info. Anybody else above 35k in total exposure and not been asked for verification?

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 4943 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

I recently received an auto CLI from Amex on my BCE. Does the 181 days rule apply if you want to open another card from Amex?
Message 4944 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

No.

But I thought that you had to wait 60 days between account openings on revolvers.

Message 4945 of 5,432
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

No.

But I thought that you had to wait 60 days between account openings on revolvers.

You can apply for them back to back. The scuttlebutt is that you can apply for 1 revolver in about a week period and no more than 2 in a 90 day period. There are plenty of datapoints that at least the former isn't true. Another rumor is you have to wait like 9 days to reapply for a card you were denied on. I proved that one wrong by being approved for a card a couple of days after denial. I believe @Anonymous got approved for 2 revolvers in the same day.

Message 4946 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe @Anonymous got approved for 2 revolvers in the same day.

Accurate - less than an hour apart, and on the same HP as well. Another member, @Anonymous, was approved like I was, although he took two HPs for his cards. The only difference in app circumstances was that, while both of us apped the two cards with the apps minutes apart, mine fell on the same calendar day and his were either side of mindnight. I'm thinking that technically since he apped on two separate calendar days, that's why he took two HPs.

Message 4947 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.
Message 4948 of 5,432
kr3st00
Regular Contributor

It seems like a lot of people all over the forums that are scared of the tax documents and income verification... Why is that? 

I've never understood that. Doesn't seem like anyone wants to provide that to them, but I don't get why that is. 

Message 4949 of 5,432
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@kr3st00 wrote:

It seems like a lot of people all over the forums that are scared of the tax documents and income verification... Why is that? 

I've never understood that. Doesn't seem like anyone wants to provide that to them, but I don't get why that is. 

They feel it's too much personal information for them to have. They're not gonna just look at the income part. Someone will look through all of your paperwork and can see things like your family's info.

Message 4950 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.