Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Friday marks my 61 Smiley Happy Do they use the fico score thats on their site? Cause my fico score jumped from 765 to 772 Smiley Very Happy

Message 3061 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for data purposes...when I received my Amex last week, upon activating it, I tried for a CLI and was denied for requesting too soon. So, I wasn't a lucky one who received a bump upon activation =(

Message 3062 of 5,432
Erick12
Valued Member

Random data point:

I was denied a couple times for a 3x increase on my BCE after getting one at activation for $500>$1500. At some point I received an offer to upgrade to the BCP. I buy a lot of groceries so I thought it was a good deal. After the upgrade I immediately requested a CLI and I got one from $1500>$4500. I'm pretty sure it was less than 90 days since my last denial, but I might be wrong about that.

Wish I would have tried for the CLI right before upgrading, then I would have a better idea if something in my credit prompted both the CLI eligibility and upgrade, or if getting the upgrade put me in a different bucket for CLI eligibility.

Message 3063 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another data point for reference:

I checked my amex application status to find out when my Delta Gold was initially approve - it showed 1/26/2017. 61 days is TODAY. Went ahead and requested $18,000 ($6,000SL x 3) and got the 7-10 day message! I thought crap, I thought it was because my score dropped around 20 points from my entire card collection app spree... couple minutes later I got the email saying to call in to check the outcome. Long story short, the CSR told me that I had submitted it too early. He could not explain why it shows 1/27 as the approval date on my app status page, he said his screen shows it was approved on 1/31. He also said that it wasn't denied for anything else and that I should be good to go with the request when I submit it after the "actual" 61 days are over, which will be this Sunday.

Soooo... phew.. I'm glad that wasn't a denial Smiley Happy
Message 3064 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just discovered this forum. Great info. Thank you.

I applied for an Amex Plat on 2/3/17 and just for kicks also applied for an Everyday and was approved for both. I was a bit disspaointed to only get a 1.5k limit on the EDC.  I'm coming up on my 61 days next Wednesday 4/5/17 and eager to get a higher limit just to make life a bit easier. 

It was mentioned that they may request a 4506T for unusual/ high use.  Since I've had the Everyday card I've already charged $7,115 on it, making weekly payments and PIF before clsoing date. And I've spent $10,520 on the Amex Plat, also doing weekly payments and PIF before closing statement.  

Would that be considered unusual/ high use for a card with only 1.5 k limit?  

FICO Ex  742 (Score was 719 when I applied in Feb)

Amex Plat

Amex Everyday 1,500. 0 balance

BarclayCard. 6,500.  20% balance

UFC Plat Visa 15,000. 15% balance

UFC Business Visa 5,000.  0 balance

Annual Income 120,000

Message 3065 of 5,432
Cstl05
Contributor

Sorry if this has been covered, but I didn't catch it.  Wondering if someone can clue me in on this.  I was recentely approved for Delta Plat Amex and the EDP.  181 days from my last CLI on my old Blue Cash account will be May 17th.  Does the 61 day rule apply to new accounts, meaning I can appl for a CLI for both my Delta Plat and EDP?  My Delta Plat is three months old w/o a CLI (SL 10k) and my EDP (used more often then my Delta Plat) will be 61 days old April 13th with an SL of 5k.  Thinking of requesting a CLI on the EDP, if I am limited to one card.  Thank you in advance!

Chase Sapphire Reserve/Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ritz Carlton/Chase Freedom/Amex Blue Cash/Discover IT/Capital One Quicksilver/Bank of America Cash Rewards/Citi Costco/Citi Double Cash/Barclay Apple Rewards
Message 3066 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cstl05 wrote:

Sorry if this has been covered, but I didn't catch it.  Wondering if someone can clue me in on this.  I was recentely approved for Delta Plat Amex and the EDP.  181 days from my last CLI on my old Blue Cash account will be May 17th.  Does the 61 day rule apply to new accounts, meaning I can appl for a CLI for both my Delta Plat and EDP?  My Delta Plat is three months old w/o a CLI (SL 10k) and my EDP (used more often then my Delta Plat) will be 61 days old April 13th with an SL of 5k.  Thinking of requesting a CLI on the EDP, if I am limited to one card.  Thank you in advance!

Amex policy is 1 CLI approval every 181 days per customer account (this is across all of that customers "card" accounts"). Your cards@ will be eligible @ 61 days, but you as the customer won't be eligible until May 17th.  

On May 17th you can request a CLI on what ever card you decide, if that request is approved, then 99.99% that no other requests on the other cards will be approved until you've waited another 181 days.

Message 3067 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just discovered this forum. Great info. Thank you.

I applied for an Amex Plat on 2/3/17 and just for kicks also applied for an Everyday and was approved for both. I was a bit disspaointed to only get a 1.5k limit on the EDC.  I'm coming up on my 61 days next Wednesday 4/5/17 and eager to get a higher limit just to make life a bit easier. 

It was mentioned that they may request a 4506T for unusual/ high use.  Since I've had the Everyday card I've already charged $7,115 on it, making weekly payments and PIF before clsoing date. And I've spent $10,520 on the Amex Plat, also doing weekly payments and PIF before closing statement.  

Would that be considered unusual/ high use for a card with only 1.5 k limit?  

FICO Ex  742 (Score was 719 when I applied in Feb)

Amex Plat

Amex Everyday 1,500. 0 balance

BarclayCard. 6,500.  20% balance

UFC Plat Visa 15,000. 15% balance

UFC Business Visa 5,000.  0 balance

Annual Income 120,000

All we can give you is our opinion, you've spent just shy of $18,000 in 60 days through your cards, based on your income it's not unreasonable but interesting that you're spending approx 90% of gross stated monthly income ( $120K ÷ 12m = $10k per mth). That being said, more than likely nothing to worry about especially if you have been paying off the bal or making big payments weekly.  Just make sure you're not doing anything that Amex would consider as manufactured spending / rewards abuse.

Message 3068 of 5,432
Cstl05
Contributor

Thank you very much @cashcorp1!

Chase Sapphire Reserve/Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ritz Carlton/Chase Freedom/Amex Blue Cash/Discover IT/Capital One Quicksilver/Bank of America Cash Rewards/Citi Costco/Citi Double Cash/Barclay Apple Rewards
Message 3069 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!   That makes sense, I should have noted we use it for business expenses as well and I got a sup card for my partner to use.  The plan is to get a Bus Plat when there is a a nice points offer.   

Message 3070 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.