Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

I'm so so glad I got to read this after just opening my first AMEX. Thank you so much!

Message 4251 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jimp2323 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey there,

I'm new to this forum.

My next EP CLI is due in 10 days (got approved for a 3x CLI on 1/23). However I got a new card (BC) in April.

Will this affect my EP CLI on 7/23?

Thanks!!

Depends...Did you request (and receive) a CLI on the BC at 61 days?  If so, then you won't be eligible until 181 days after that.

He would not have been able to get 61 day CLI because 181 days from 1/23 (7/23) would override his 61 day CLI on the BC.
Message 4252 of 5,432
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jimp2323 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey there,

I'm new to this forum.

My next EP CLI is due in 10 days (got approved for a 3x CLI on 1/23). However I got a new card (BC) in April.

Will this affect my EP CLI on 7/23?

Thanks!!

Depends...Did you request (and receive) a CLI on the BC at 61 days?  If so, then you won't be eligible until 181 days after that.

He would not have been able to get 61 day CLI because 181 days from 1/23 (7/23) would override his 61 day CLI on the BC.

You're right.  Somehow I counted his due date as being June 23 rather than July 23--even though he clearly stated in the OP that it wasn't due until then.Man Embarassed

Message 4253 of 5,432
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Today was day 180 for me and I was chomping at the bit to get me some Amex lovin'.  This game is just good clean MyFico fun.  Smiley Wink

Requested 45K, got income verification.

Hit the back button and got... "Our systems are down and we cannot process your request".

So I just went back to the beginning and started over and... 4506T.  

Every time I hit the back button I got the 'our systems are down' message.  And since it's a mild pain to go round and around I just jumped down to 35K (nope) and then to 34K (yep).  

DP's:  

Blue Cash Everyday

Scores:  In siggy

Oveall Utl:  13%

Amex Utl:  0%/PIF

Monthly Amex Spend:  ~ 100 bucks.  And a few months nothing at all. 

Income:  183K

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 5.34.13 PM.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 4254 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally hit my 180 days and did a CLI! This was my third increase. My last increase was countered with $33,300 (a weird number). Today I requested $40,000 and got income verification. I resubmitted for $35,000 and it was accepted! Yes the increase was small, but I consider it a small accomplishment to obtain this limit without income verification.

Message 4255 of 5,432
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, now that you've hit 35k, you're probably good for a 5k increase every six months without having to submit income verification.

Message 4256 of 5,432
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

What generally happens to those of us stuck at 34K?  Without income verification do we just languish here forever?  Smiley Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 4257 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tomorrow is 181 days since last 3x. Im betting 81k will not happen...
Edit..802 FICO as of july 14th from amex. 812 from Discover today.
Edit.. new limit 34.5k from 27k. Income verification at 45, 40 and 35.
Message 4258 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now is income verification just sending in pay stubs, or is it also involve the whole tax forms and all accounts frozen until verified thing. If it’s just pay stubs for income verification, what’s the big deal. If it’s the whole T -whatever form and a drawn out process I could Maybe see the issue. But if only had to do it once to unlock higher limits what’s the big deal?
Message 4259 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think it would be a big deal. If i made more money i would do it.
Message 4260 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.