Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

If true, next time someone asks if they can ask for CLI on a new account at 61st day after having just received a CLI last month on a different card (we get this question a lot), instead of the standard answer "no, because the 181 day rule would override the 61 day rule", the correct answer should be "no, there is no 61 day rule for additional cards.".
Message 4281 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

In two hours, I will be able to ask for my first 3X CLI...  EXP its about 10 points higher than when I got the BCE card, but I have a few more credit inquiries and 3 more credit cards.  I hope that won't affect their decision.  

Now to get some sleep so time will go faster.

Message 4282 of 5,432
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Good luck, keep us posted!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 4283 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 3X CLI question.

Just did my 3x cli today and was denied also. 62 days on the dot, with almost 700 across the board. About to just cut up my card no need for it anymore !
Message 4284 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caught750 wrote:
I have three Amex revolvers, BCE was first at $500 with their steps, denied 61 days. 91 days are up and my BCE is at $1k now. I also have HH and Delta Gold at $1k that I opened in May. Does it matter which card I ask for the CLI on? Scores in sig are accurate

Hello, I am also on steps with 500$ (BCE). How did you get the increase to 1000$ before sixth statement cut ?

thanks

Message 4285 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous give Amex some time. I too was denied at 61 days and again after 90 something days. My starting credit line was 2000 bucks and iirc my score were higher than yours. Six months after opening my card Amex gave me a auto cli and thus my new limit became 6k. Within a few weeks if the auto increase I decided to try my luck at a cli request. I was approved for 3x my current limit making my new limit 18k. Six months later after that request I submitted another cli and was approved. My limit is now 32k and I’ve had the card barely a year. Give it time, treat your credit portfolio good, and Amex will open the flood gates. Discover card, on the other hand is a totally different story for me. lol. I feel the way toward discover card that you feel toward Amex at the moment. I’ve had that card for 3 years and have had 3 measly 500 buck increases over the years.

Message 4286 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caught750 wrote:
Good luck, keep us posted!

Well I got the 7-10 business day message Smiley Sad

Message 4287 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would Amex give me the 3x CLI after 61 days?

I'm at 6,000 SL on my delta card,

combined total lines is 13,500

Income is 25k, possibly 30k by the the 61 day mark.

Should I pull the trigger at 61 days or wait it out a little longer?

Message 4288 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up. I hope it does work out at the end? Call them today, and gave me some BS.
Message 4289 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is another data point. Today marked 181 days from my last CLI. My limit was 16.5k, originally 5.5k, I requested for the maximum of 49.5k expecting to verifiy with 4506-T and start having to bump down my requesting limit. However, I was returned with an instant approval of $42.3k, a $25.8k increase, total without having to back out and resubmit.

Message 4290 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.