Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m almost up to my 61 day since account opening. I called Amex the rep said she doesn’t know such increase. She said the earliest is 6 months after opening.

Any thoughts??
Send the CSR to 6 months re-training camp?
Message 4431 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m almost up to my 61 day since account opening. I called Amex the rep said she doesn’t know such increase. She said the earliest is 6 months after opening.

Any thoughts??

Yup, several thoughts.  The main one is that they have no idea what they're talking about and this CSR in particular is 100% wrong.  All you need to do is read back through the hundreds of people in this thread that have received CLIs at 61+ days to know what you were told was false. 

Amex IMO has some of the worst trained CSRs out there.  The arm them with a database of cookie-cutter macros that they paste into chat (or read over the phone) when you inquire about a certain subject.  Once you veer off from their template run of the mill responses, the information you get quickly diminishes in value. 

I'd suggest you contact them 2 more times by whatever means you did the first time and I'd bet my life that from those 3 interactions with 3 different CSRs that you get 2-3 different answers.  You'll probably get 180 days, 90 days and maybe one will tell you 2-3 months or something.  The overall point here is that you simply can't trust anything that a single CSR tells you... especially not if they work at Amex.

Message 4432 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Any thoughts??

Hello,

My 61st day with my first Amex card is Tuesday!! Can't wait.  So, I can not speak from experience, and I'm sure you will get plenty of replies shortly, but the 61 day 3X CLI is not something that is advertised, nor is it any sort of promo from Amex, according to ALOT of Amex threads I've read in the last few months here in the forum. I assume people figured out after the 61st day of approval for their new card, Amex was giving the, a 3X CL CLI's.  Probably more and more people started trying, and boom, now there is a huge thread about this so called "61st day 3X CLI"... I do for sure think it's not anything Amex advertises though, obviously if CSR told you that on the phone.   I guess we will both find out soon Smiley Happy

M

X CLI"

Message 4433 of 5,432
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Any thoughts??
Send the CSR to 6 months re-training camp?

LMAO I laughed out loud

Message 4434 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

coming up on my 61 days and i have a question can you request more then 3x? my SL was $1000 but since then my score has gone up 65 points because of an old charge off that was on my report they finally agreed to delete it so now my EX report is clean im thinking they gave me a low sl because my score when i opened it was borderline

Message 4435 of 5,432
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@Anonymous wrote:

coming up on my 61 days and i have a question can you request more then 3x? my SL was $1000 but since then my score has gone up 65 points because of an old charge off that was on my report they finally agreed to delete it so now my EX report is clean im thinking they gave me a low sl because my score when i opened it was borderline

You can request it, but they won't go over 3x... that seems to be a 'hard' rule. 

Message 4436 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can request it, but they won't go over 3x... that seems to be a 'hard' rule. 

On day 61, do you request exactly 3X your CL? 

Thx

Message 4437 of 5,432
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thx

That's what many people do, but YMMV on whether or not they will grant it.  It's anything but guaranteed.

I'll add that it seems to be even more rare for people who start out with low credit lines ($500 or $1k). 

I tend to believe that one's chances are better once a few more statements have cut - like most lenders Amex likes history - but that's just my own opinion.

Message 4438 of 5,432
Albert_E63
Regular Contributor

Anyone know if i request a CLI will they check any credit bureau or they go based on your history with them ? im asking the question cause there a collection that showed up in my credit but its a error so i just gotta wait for it to get be removed

FICO 08 Scores EX 624 EQ 631 TU 646, Goal 800+
Message 4439 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thx

That's what many people do, but YMMV on whether or not they will grant it.  It's anything but guaranteed.

I'll add that it seems to be even more rare for people who start out with low credit lines ($500 or $1k). 

I tend to believe that one's chances are better once a few more statements have cut - like most lenders Amex likes history - but that's just my own opinion.

My SL was and is $11,800.  So, I amd going to request 3X that which comes to exactly $35,400. We'll see.  I just paid off my entire balance, so I'm going to wait till it updates my Fico score on the acct, then pull the trigger Smiley Happy

Mark

Message 4440 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.