Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

@JediNeo wrote:
Income $32,500. TU 751 and can't remember the other two off the top of my head. FICO 733

Thanks. Looks like your doing great keep at it!

Message 441 of 5,432
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Marcos. It wasn't easy, but I bounced back and look forward to keeping it this way.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 442 of 5,432
elegia
New Contributor

With regards to the last EX soft pull, does Amex have a general method for when they pull reports in the first 60 days? I am planning on maximizing util for my CLI request next month (unexpected charge as well as annual fee showed up on my first statement, which I had been planning to report $0), so obviously I'd like my credit report to reflect that. Is there a general timeframe for when they pull (ex. when they report balance, week later, etc.)? I know the only way to be sure is to pull your own EX report and check for soft pull dates, but even then, is there a good time to do that?

Message 443 of 5,432
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@elegia

There isn't really a definitive way to determine when they will sp your cr. Some have had multiple SP's, others only one and nowhere near the time of their CL request.

Message 444 of 5,432
spydergto
Regular Contributor

Hi

you state quite a bit that its a soft pull. i am contemplating going after an amex card. i need  to create a new account with them then. do they hard pull EX only or all three ? you said numerous times about soft pulls on EX when asking for CLI but what about the initial pull to open the account is it just a hard pull against EX or is it all three ? what are the results of the other users here ? what have you seen when opening the account to start with.

some stats of mine

Experian fico 10/22/2013 750

TU fico 10/22/2013 732

Equifax Beacon 651 11/14/2013

Income : 62,160 a year , i make alot more than this but this is on my flat schedule 14 on 14 off with salary added in that my office would sign off on when asked for paperwork

my debt according to Experian tops 26 k , its 25 and some change, I aim to app march 2014, i have 2 hard inquiries falling off TU end of january i do however understand that due to their age they should not effect my score what so ever, there will be only one hard inquiry on file accross all three when i app. average age of account is 7.8 years , only one neg remark 1.9 years and aging failure to pay student loan , was unaware , took care of it but they refuse to erase the mark, current on everything else though.

current cards are 1k credit union and 500$ secured card , utilizaion on both cards is 0% PIF every month. history goes back 1.5 years on secured, just opened the CU

do i have a shot at an AMEX card ?

i aim to wait until march and prepair and garden to space out my requests for credit , so that new inquires are spaced 6 months apart. thats the plan and im sticking to it. no amount of nagging or desire for a new card will change my goal of march. i know im in a decent spot now but i feel i can garden a little more until then for a better spot to start the Amex and go after the 3x cli

paitence is not my thing and its killing me... 

Ex 750 10/22/2013 Eq 651 11/09/2013 TU 721 12/9/2013

5/14/14 Equifax – 673 Experian – 744 Transunion – 722

already bought the house! closed with a great deal all thanks to information i learned here!
Message 445 of 5,432
fL1Pm0d3

Annual Income around 58,000

Initial Credit Limit - 11400

Requested - 34,200

Countered with - 16300

I have a high utlization on one Discover card that I have 0% interest on.

Amazon Store:$2800 Musicians Friend: $3000 AMEX Platinum:Unknown(highest pre-app $15000) CFCU Visa: $5000 Barclays Visa:$3600 DISCOVER: $5200 SPG Amex: $11300
Message 446 of 5,432
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Well this was my response. 

Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted. 
You will receive a written response within 7-10 days

hopefully I get some good news in an email or something later on. 

Happy Turkey day everyone 

1k to 3k 

105k stated income

current balance on card is $1.85 paid $1000 off on the 26th. Will probably need to wait until my next soft pull from Amex. 

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 447 of 5,432
dogblood
Established Member

Initial limit 8k.. 3 month US credit history. . Requested 24k..

Low util..8%
PIF track record across all cards..

7-10 message on Monday.. called to follow up..agent said it's with "executive team for manual review" .. I'm expecting a denial.. However they did hard pull me yesterday.. Who knows..

Gardening since: 09/27/2013 Goal: Golden spade
Message 448 of 5,432
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@dogblood

A hp? Hopefully, you'll get it but I'm wondering why we are seeing some HP's for CLI's.
Message 449 of 5,432
dogblood
Established Member

I hear ya.. was pretty dissapointed.. wouldn't have done it if I knew they would hard pull.

Gardening since: 09/27/2013 Goal: Golden spade
Message 450 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.