The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

DPs:

I opened my Amex BCP on 11/16/20.

My 2nd statement closed on Jan 15th.

SL was 15K and I ran about 2K through it in the last 2 months.

Made a couple of charges per week and PIF as soon as charges cleared (about 2 payments/wk). 

27.50 posted on the 15th and I just PIF tonight for 40 bucks to put BCP UTI to 0%

Total UTI across all cards (about 150K limit is 0%)

Fico Scores right around 800

I believe I am now eligible for a CLI, correct?

From what I've been reading I believe I should ask for 35K and if not approved or if prompted with any type of review I should back out and try again... going down in 1K increments?     

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 5301 of 5,432
ccquest
Established Contributor

@raisemysc0re wrote:

I believe I am now eligible for a CLI, correct?

From what I've been reading I believe I should ask for 35K and if not approved or if prompted with any type of review I should back out and try again... going down in 1K increments?     

Correct on all accounts, but I'd jump from 35 to 30 if you don't get approved, then work your way up from there in increments of $5k.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 5302 of 5,432
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

I ended up just going with 30K and was approved...

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 5303 of 5,432
FesteringTTT
Valued Member

I was denied my 3x CLI. How long do I have to wait to apply again?

Message 5304 of 5,432
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@FesteringTTT wrote:

It depends on the denial reason.  For anything other than asking too soon, 91 days.

Message 5305 of 5,432
FesteringTTT
Valued Member

@Slabenstein wrote:

@FesteringTTT wrote:

It depends on the denial reason.  For anything other than asking too soon, 91 days.

aw man. that'll teach me about not reading up on this thread before acting.

Message 5306 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repairman Congratulations!!🎊🎉🍾  

Message 5307 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX 3X CLI Unsolved Mystery

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums.  I see there was a dedicated thread to Amex 3x cli  which was very informative.  However,  in looking at dozens of pages Ive been unable to nail down my questions.

I recently made it in with American Express in Nov.  Today makes about 62 days since I have been an Amex customer.  Therefore, I believe I am eligible to request the 3x  line increase.  However,  I also applied for and was approved for the Bonvoy card earlier this month which is under 61 days.  Specifically, am I eleigible to do the increase on the Bonvoy card?  Does the 61 day rule apply to the card or account?    The Bonvoy limit I have now is 3100 and the delta platinum which is just over 61 days old is 1700 I'd prefer to increase the Bonvoy CLI.  I think this question would benefit new Amex members who apply for a few new cards but are unsure if the 3x cli applies to the card or account as a whole.  Thank you all!

Message 5308 of 5,432
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX 3X CLI Unsolved Mystery

You can ask on either card. 

Message 5309 of 5,432
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX 3X CLI Unsolved Mystery

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums.  I see there was a dedicated thread to Amex 3x cli  which was very informative.  However,  in looking at dozens of pages Ive been unable to nail down my questions.

I recently made it in with American Express in Nov.  Today makes about 62 days since I have been an Amex customer.  Therefore, I believe I am eligible to request the 3x  line increase.  However,  I also applied for and was approved for the Bonvoy card earlier this month which is under 61 days.  Specifically, am I eleigible to do the increase on the Bonvoy card?  Does the 61 day rule apply to the card or account?    The Bonvoy limit I have now is 3100 and the delta platinum which is just over 61 days old is 1700 I'd prefer to increase the Bonvoy CLI.  I think this question would benefit new Amex members who apply for a few new cards but are unsure if the 3x cli applies to the card or account as a whole.  Thank you all!

Welcome to the forum!

A amex credit card would only be eligible for a cli if A) It has been more than 60 days (aka 61 days) since the card been open; and B) Have not had any approved CLI Request on any of your cards in the last 180 days. Ofc there are other factors (such as being in good standing, havent defaulted, etc etc). So if you wish to have the Bonvoy card to have a CLI, you would have to wait until it has been 61 days before you can make such a request or if you do request and been been approved for a CLI on your Delta Platinum, then you would have to wait 181 days before you can make another request on any of your cards.

Best of luck!

EDIT: This is also going based on what I have found in the last several months. Things might be different but it doesnt look like it might be.

Message 5310 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.