cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Super Contributor

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

Since I had the "SP SCT was now a HP" thread that started last year 2018. Everyone was getting a HP from Comenity after the end of Sept/Oct 2018 time frame when the SP died out. Old thread: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Updated-SCT-is-now-a-HP-No-more-tricks/td-... 

Recently there has been some posters claiming they have been approved thru the pop ups and mailers. No HP was performed on their credit reports. So has Comenity gone back to the old days of the SCT with only a SP? If you were approved for a Comenity store card with a SP or HP and would like to share your data points. Please list which card you were approved for with a SP or HP via pop up, mailer, or even a cold app. And add a couple DP's like your FICO score too.

I'll do as I did in the old thread and keep a tally on who's hot and who's not. Keep in mind. Only go for a store card that you'll use most of all. Don't just go out and get a bunch of store cards. Fire Away! 🔥 Just remember its a YMMV thing until its a steady flow of SP approvals. Apply at your own risk. Mixed bag. First Report of SP SCT May '19. Added results from old SCT HP Thread before it was closed.
Updated Dec 9th
Overstock SP 8  HP 3 YMMV

Wayfair 3 HP 2 SP YMMV New SP 12/06

Ikea SP 4 HP1 YMMV

Good Sam Rewards Visa 2 HP 2 YMMY

Williams Sonoma SP 2 HP 4 YMMV

Simply Bee SP 1
VS SP 3
Childrens Place SP 3
Venus SP 3
Ultamate MC SP 1

Brylane Home SP 1

NY&C SP 1

J Crew SP 1

Express SP 1

Sportsman Guide SP 2 New 12/2

Avenue SP 2

West Elm HP 1

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 1 of 167
166 REPLIES 166
Super Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

Once I get home from working the track. I'll go find the recent approvals and start the tally once I'm on my PC. 👍

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 2 of 167
Frequent Contributor

Was approved for Williams Sonoma Visa card with the SC trick. Put three items in my cart. Went to check out, and the offer came up. Was approved about two weeks ago with a credit limit of $5,500. FICO is 732. 4 inq. on my credit report, AAOA is 7 years. Received my card on Tuesday (6/18) and activated the card. I still have not received a HP.

Message 3 of 167
Super Contributor

@hollifield7034 wrote:

Was approved for Williams Sonoma Visa card with the SC trick. Put three items in my cart. Went to check out, and the offer came up. Was approved about two weeks ago with a credit limit of $5,500. FICO is 732. 4 inq. on my credit report, AAOA is 7 years. Received my card on Tuesday (6/18) and activated the card. I still have not received a HP.

Tx for the DP's!

Message 4 of 167
Super Contributor

So I gathered all the approvals from the old closed thread and recent threads in the approval section and they are now listed in the first post. As before I'll keep it updated as we move along and see if its true that the old SP SCT has come back to life. Stay Tuned!

Message 5 of 167
Frequent Contributor

I got a preapproval offer from Williams Sonoma (I already have an Overstock card) but I'm too chicken to finish the application. I put something in my shopping cart, entered my checkout/billing info as a guest, and saw the "you're pre-approved" offer. Honestly, I'd rather wait a few months as I just got approved for a Navy Fed card. But this is a card that I wouldn't mind having. I'll be following this thread!

FICO8: Nov 20, 2018:
FICO8: Nov 20, 2019:
FICO8: Dec 1, 2019:
Goal for December 2019: FICO8 640-700 (reached! Fico 670!)
Goal for December 2020: FICO8 685-710
Overstock Store Card, $2,250Walmart Store Card, $500 limitDiscover IT Cash Back, $2000Navy Fed cashRewards, $2000Shell Citi store card, $800Navy More Rewards, $17,000RIP Green Dot Platinum
Overstock $4,250, Walmart $500, Discover IT Cash Back $2400, Navy Fed cashRewards $2000, Shell (Citi) Fuel Rewards, $800, Navy More Rewards, $17,000, (RIP Green Dot Platinum Secured)

Starting Score: 539
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge   |   My credit recovery journal

Message 6 of 167
Valued Contributor

Well I decided to try it. I was approved for $1000 for William Sonoma. I didn't think it would be HP, but it was I just got the notification from Equifax, 12 HP inquiries last 2 years(double pull from Amex for Amazon Business Prime account). Equifax FICO 735. I also had a chapter 7 bakruptcy discharged in 2012.

Guyatthebeach

Message 7 of 167
Super Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Well I decided to try it. I was approved for $1000 for William Sonoma. I didn't think it would be HP, but it was I just got the notification from Equifax, 12 HP inquiries last 2 years(double pull from Amex for Amazon Business Prime account). Equifax FICO 735. I also had a chapter 7 bakruptcy discharged in 2012.

Guyatthebeach

Sorry for the HP. Thanks for the DP's. Congrats either way.

Message 8 of 167
Valued Member

Another for the Ikea Projekt card. $5,500 approval with preapproval link. No HP so far. I will update with an edit to this post if anything changes.

Sadly, they did do a HP from EX. In my case that's fine. Most everyone has been pulling from EQ or TU lately for everything else.

Gardening Starting 10/17/2019

Starting Scores: Equifax 527 Experian 555 Transunion 546
Current Scores: Equifax 645 (FICO 8, July 2, 19) Experian 654 (FICO 8 - Oct 1, 19) Transunion 635 (FICO 8 - Sept 24, 19)

Total CL: $14,500
Message 9 of 167
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@liqwidzero wrote:

Another for the Ikea Projekt card. $5,500 approval with preapproval link. No HP so far. I will update with an edit to this post if anything changes.

Thanks. Yes please let us know and congrats!

Message 10 of 167
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.