Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

@BallBounces wrote:

Is the consensus that "last 4" is a SP and "Full SSN" = HP?

No, some squeak out a sp with the whole SS#.....but I wouldn't count on it.  I would count on the last 4 on pulling a sp before I would the whole #.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 41 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity Shopping Cart Trick

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ive been trying it for my wife and i and its not working. i tried it for VS, Overstock, and express with no luck. tried numerous times.

What I have found to work for me to make those pop-ups pop up is: (I'm no expert-not claiming to be/this is my method to the madness)

1. If you've already been to the site without success, don't go back there for 30 days. Seriously

2. Before even opening a new tab, clear cache and cookies, then go into incognito mode P.S. unlock your reports!

3. Once at the one site (the one you want the most) create an acct., log in, opt in and/or except any email offers.

4. Browse slowly and add 3 different items to your cart.  Take at least 10 mins. to do this, more is better. NOTE: if you don't want a low limit add about $290.00 worth of stuff, that way you might not get a pop-up for a $250.00 cl....that's not a fact but that's just my thinking with experimenting.  

5. Go to cart and apply any offers/codes and then hit checkout.

6. Fill out your info. ie. name and shipping address (notice if payment is on same page as shipping- if so, don't even bother). 

7. Then click to go to payment......that's when you should receive the pop-up congratulations.  If not, don't try for another 30 days.

8. Read the fine print/terms on the pop-up.  Sometimes you will receive an offer for only the mastercard or visa version BUT sometimes you will      receive a visa, mc/ and store (credit card) version offer.  Sometimes it's only the credit card (store card) version and that's mostly because       they don't offer a mc or visa version for that particular store.  It's your choice, ymmv upon credit worthiness.

9.  If you fill out the form and it only asks for the last four numbers of your social security then that's a really good sign it's a sp.  However, if you have to fill out the whole ss# it's a toss up.  Always let us know the outcome please, post to this thread @FireMedic1 created.

10.  Even though you clicked on app, you do not have to go through with it, but once you cancel the pop-up it probably won't return for another 30 days or possibly longer....but that's no big deal, your credit is probably improving anyway (hopefully).  Good Luck!

Also, if you don't get a pop-up from the store of your choice move on to choice number 2 if so desired....but repeat step 1 before going there and follow steps again.  Then lock your reports once complete.

Well how the heck did this show up?  Thank goodness, thank you somebody....reallySmiley Wink

Message 42 of 487
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ive been trying it for my wife and i and its not working. i tried it for VS, Overstock, and express with no luck. tried numerous times.

What I have found to work for me to make those pop-ups pop up is: (I'm no expert-not claiming to be/this is my method to the madness)

1. If you've already been to the site without success, don't go back there for 30 days. Seriously

2. Before even opening a new tab, clear cache and cookies, then go into incognito mode P.S. unlock your reports!

3. Once at the one site (the one you want the most) create an acct., log in, opt in and/or except any email offers.

4. Browse slowly and add 3 different items to your cart.  Take at least 10 mins. to do this, more is better. NOTE: if you don't want a low limit add about $290.00 worth of stuff, that way you might not get a pop-up for a $250.00 cl....that's not a fact but that's just my thinking with experimenting.  

5. Go to cart and apply any offers/codes and then hit checkout.

6. Fill out your info. ie. name and shipping address (notice if payment is on same page as shipping- if so, don't even bother). 

7. Then click to go to payment......that's when you should receive the pop-up congratulations.  If not, don't try for another 30 days.

8. Read the fine print/terms on the pop-up.  Sometimes you will receive an offer for only the mastercard or visa version BUT sometimes you will      receive a visa, mc/ and store (credit card) version offer.  Sometimes it's only the credit card (store card) version and that's mostly because       they don't offer a mc or visa version for that particular store.  It's your choice, ymmv upon credit worthiness.

9.  If you fill out the form and it only asks for the last four numbers of your social security then that's a really good sign it's a sp.  However, if you have to fill out the whole ss# it's a toss up.  Always let us know the outcome please, post to this thread @FireMedic1 created.

10.  Even though you clicked on app, you do not have to go through with it, but once you cancel the pop-up it probably won't return for another 30 days or possibly longer....but that's no big deal, your credit is probably improving anyway (hopefully).  Good Luck!

Also, if you don't get a pop-up from the store of your choice move on to choice number 2 if so desired....but repeat step 1 before going there and follow steps again.  Then lock your reports once complete.

Well how the heck did this show up?  Thank goodness, thank you somebody....reallySmiley Wink

I found it in the quarantine... that sometimes happens if you do a lot of edits. 

I don't think you'll have the problem again, but if you do just let a moderator know and we can retrieve the post. Smiley Wink

Message 43 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I found it in the quarantine... that sometimes happens if you do a lot of edits. 

I don't think you'll have the problem again, but if you do just let a moderator know and we can retrieve the post. Smiley Wink

Thank you so much Unc!  I don't know if I edited a lot but knowing me, I jammed your servers to the max.  Again, I really appreciate you finding it.  Hope it helps someone. Heart

Message 44 of 487
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Can't get any pop ups at Ulta for the ULTA card

Wanting the Ultamate MC preferably. 

Message 45 of 487
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Heres a list of Comenity accounts.  No guareentee that they all offer SCT but its fun to play around with.  Good luck

https://www.creditcardcatalog.com/credit-cards-issued-by-world-financial-network-national-bank-wfnnb...

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 46 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few weeks ago I received a popup while on the Overstock site and was given a 3K limit($750 in my cart). No hard pull. My scores at the time were Ex-660 EQ-640 TU-642.
Message 47 of 487
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

One thing I wanted to add is if you’re aren’t getting the pop ups, delete your browser history, close your browser, and try it again.

Last week, I was approved for Williams Sonoma Visa $1000 limit with a $50 purchase, I actually made. I had to enter my whole social and it was a HP. I was also approved for the Toyota Visa for $2k with a HP.

Yesterday I had a pop up for Good Sam after $100 in cart, approved with $2500 Visa.  I only had to enter the 4 of my social. I found an email alert it was a HP.  

Ive got the Comenity cards I want, so hopefully I didn’t rock the boat with them.

Guyatthebeach

Message 48 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thanks  @Anonymous  and  @Guyatthebeach  for the DP's. Still cant say the SCT is SP only yet.. 50/50 the way its going.

Message 49 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoa....I was playing around with the SCT this morning on Ulta.com and got the pop up. This is what I did and in the order I did it...

1. Opened Incognito window in Chrome

2. Added a Clarisonic Mia ($199) to my shopping cart.

3. Proceeded to checkout as Guest and enter my info- No pop up here.

4. Decided to log in to my Ulta account and attempt to checkout there.

5. Added my Capital One Platinum as a payment method - don't know if this did anything

6. Went back to my cart and selected checkout- GOT THE PREAPPROVAL POPUP

7. Selected I'm interested

8. Entered dob, last four of ssn, and annual income

9. Approved for the Ultamate Rewards Credit Card; CL: $400

Addtional Info: I've never had an Ulta card. I burned Comenity in my BK - had 2-3 store accounts. Scores are in my sig and up to date. No alert as of yet that it was a HP. Will check tomorrow to see which cb was soft pulled. 

Question: The fine print says Ultamate Rewards Mastercard is issued by Comenity Capital Bank. Did I get the MC or the store card?

Message 50 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.