Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

I got the Sportsman Guide  pop up about two months ago, got approved for 2k no HP with 690 score. The card arrived and was closed by Comenity two weeks later because of too many new accounts. When I go the website I still get the pre approved pop up. I have Overstock, VS and Caesars Visa with them.

Message 91 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The card arrived and was closed by Comenity two weeks later because of too many new accounts. 

How many new accts. did you have?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 92 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The card arrived and was closed by Comenity two weeks later because of too many new accounts. 

Since the beginning of 2019 I have 5 new accts. and 4 inqs.

I  applied for 1 card in 2018.

Message 93 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I see you have 3 open, Sportsmans Guide was your fourth. (now closed)  So when did you open the other 3 Comenity cards? Were those 3 also SP's? thanks! EDIT:  Did you have balances on any of them, if so what %.  Last, did you use the Sportsmans Guide cc yet? If so, was there a balance as well?  Just curious to know what makes them tick.  thanks 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 94 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I see you have 3 open, Sportsmans Guide was your fourth. (now closed)  So when did you open the other 3 Comenity cards? Were those 3 also SP's? thanks! EDIT:  Did you have balances on any of them, if so what %.  Last, did you use the Sportsmans Guide cc yet? If so, was there a balance as well?  Just curious to know what makes them tick.  thanks 

Opened the other Comenity cards (VS and Overstock in 2016). Both were SP and have zero balance. Caesars was the only HP. I didn't get a chance to use the Sportsman Guide. It was actually the third Comenity card I got, Caesars was the fourth (which is still open as of now).
Not certain what makes them tick, but after they closed it and I got the pop up again 2 weeks later I tried out of curiosity and it said cannot process.

Message 95 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Working shopping cart tricks as of Aug 2019?

Looking to see some updated data points.

Message 96 of 487
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Working shopping cart tricks as of Aug 2019?

@Anonymous wrote:

Readily available with almost all Comenity cards.

Message 97 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a crapshoot whether you'll get a HP or not. Here is a master thread FireMedic has on it:
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-SP-SCT-Alive-Again-DP-Please/m-p/56552...
Message 98 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm always looking at the sub-forums to see if there's any movement to post. There's been nothing to report lately. Guess the old thread when Comenity started HP'ing for all the cards. Scared a bunch away. So nothing to report for now. I'm on here everyday and havent seen anything to update for a few weeks. If there is a hit. I'd post it.

Message 99 of 487
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I checked my credit report with Transunion last night.  All three of my cards are reporting as open with no issues so far. I have a Good Sam’s Visa, a Toyota Visa, and a Williams Sonoma Visa.

Guyatthebeach. 

Message 100 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.