Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

I got a preapproval for Williams Sonoma, but they want my entire SS number. I'm not taking the chance! I also don't get a literal pop-up, but a box on the page that says I'm pre-approved. I've tried this with Williams Sonoma a few months ago and had the same thing.

My FICO scores are gradually going up and my util is still high (but a lot less high). I wouldn't say no to a Williams Sonoma if it were an SP but I'm not at all confident of that as yet.

Message 141 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a preapproval for Williams Sonoma, but they want my entire SS number. I'm not taking the chance! I also don't get a literal pop-up, but a box on the page that says I'm pre-approved. I've tried this with Williams Sonoma a few months ago and had the same thing.

My FICO scores are gradually going up and my util is still high (but a lot less high). I wouldn't say no to a Williams Sonoma if it were an SP but I'm not at all confident of that as yet.

I got rocked for a HP with a recent Ikea App which I thought would be a SP. Only issue is I double dipped immediately for a CLI and bonked on the second dip before I got the EX alert Smiley Frustrated. So I dont know which action caused the HP... the initial App or the second dip Denial. Either way, Comenity can be fickle from what others have stated depending on who knows what. For a time, it was noted that they slapped HPs on a good portion of the SCTs. That seemed to have calmed down since but who knows now with lending standards tightening again. Better to play it safe unless its something youre willing to pull a HP for.

Message 142 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got pre-approved offers with Comenity using SCT for Williams and Sonoma (WS)($250), Express Next (Ex) ($500) and Stage Stores ($250). Use the LUV button for WS and Ex (7-10 day ltr) denied CLI once I got the letter due to need to developing purchasing history. LUV on Stage and got add'l $250. Then 2 weeks letter get a letter in the mail for pre-approved with J. Crew. I said what the heck, applied with last 4 digits and got instant approval of $250. All had SP.

A week later I tried using Children's Place and got the 7-10 day letter. Received letter and it stated that I recently opened a card and needed to wait 30 days from date of the letter to apply using sct.

I have not had success with Overstock, BedBathandBeyond, Barney's New York (appears to be switching), Mattress Firm, Meijer or GameStop.

SCT still works. Any success on Sycronmy. I know they don't do SCT but would be easy to try to get a foot in?

Message 143 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Received letter and it stated that I recently opened a card and needed to wait 30 days from date of the letter to apply using sct.

Any success on Sycronmy. I know they don't do SCT but would be easy to try to get a foot in?

You can try Synchrony on QVC.  It worked for me and gave me my sl which was very cool!  

Did the letter really state "from date of the letter to apply using sct" or implied something similar?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 144 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no Smiley Happy It just stated to apply 30 days after the date of the letter.

Message 145 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you do the sct for QVC? Pop-up appeared?

Message 146 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you do the sct for QVC? Pop-up appeared?

I've had an acct. with QVC for years but never used it more than 2 times.  While I was making a "for real" purchase the pop-up popped up. I was checking out when it happened.  It told me my cl would be $2300 so I jumped on it.  If you do get the offer, read the t&c throughly.  Idk if it's a guarantee that you will receive what it states but it worked for me.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 147 of 487
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Don't see much about the SCT on here anymore.....but for those interested it seems Wayfair does it now.   I ordered an item from them an a pre approval popped up.....didn't take it but it was interesting.

Message 148 of 487
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-SP-SCT-Alive-Again-DP-Please/td-p/5655...

The last data entry by forum member was from September 2019. It still seems to be a YMMV in terms of a HP or not. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 149 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

Don't see much about the SCT on here anymore.....but for those interested it seems Wayfair does it now.   I ordered an item from them an a pre approval popped up.....didn't take it but it was interesting.

Yes the pop up may arise. But this thread was a knock off from another thread when the SCT was all HP's for a while. It did die down and there hasnt been any talk about SCT's for a while now. Since you didnt go for it. Still dont know if it would have been a SP or HP.

Thanks @Adkins 

Message 150 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.