Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

About two weeks ago I got the popup on Sportsmans Guide (Visa) and accepted the offer.  It only asked for last 4 of social and was a sp.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 151 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

About two weeks ago I got the popup on Sportsmans Guide (Visa) and accepted the offer.  It only asked for last 4 of social and was a sp.  

Congrats! Guess its time to start updating again. Smiley Happy

Message 152 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well lets bring it back to life with a little CPR and a biphasic 200j defibrillation. Newest Update:

Updated Dec 9, 2019:

Since I had the "SP SCT was now a HP" thread that started last year in 2018. Everyone was getting a HP from Comenity after the end of Sept/Oct 2018 time frame when the SP died out.

Recently there has been some posters claiming they have been approved thru the pop ups and mailers with a SP. No HP was performed on their credit reports. So has Comenity gone back to the old days of the SCT with only a SP? Some have, some not.

If you were approved for a Comenity store card with a SP or HP and would like to share your data points. Please list which card you were approved for with a SP or HP via pop up, mailer, or even a cold app. And add a couple DP's like your FICO score too.

I'll do as I did in the old thread and keep a tally on who's hot and who's not. Keep in mind. Only go for a store card that you'll use most of all. Not just to get a bunch of store cards. Fire Away! 🔥 Just remember its a YMMV thing. Apply at your own risk. First Report of SP SCT May '19 Added results from old SCT HP Thread.
Updated Dec 9th
Overstock SP 8  HP 3 YMMV

Wayfair 3 HP 2 SP YMMV New SP 12/06

Ikea SP 4 HP1 YMMV

Good Sam Rewards Visa 2 HP 2 YMMY

Williams Sonoma SP 2 HP 4 YMMV

Simply Bee SP 1
VS SP 3
Childrens Place SP 3
Venus SP 3
Ultamate MC SP 1

Brylane Home SP 1

NY&C SP 1

J Crew SP 1

Express SP 1

Sportsman Guide SP 2 New 12/2 and 12/7

Avenue SP 2

West Elm HP 1

Message 153 of 487
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

Don't see much about the SCT on here anymore.....but for those interested it seems Wayfair does it now.   I ordered an item from them an a pre approval popped up.....didn't take it but it was interesting.

Yes the pop up may arise. But this thread was a knock off from another thread when the SCT was all HP's for a while. It did die down and there hasnt been any talk about SCT's for a while now. Since you didnt go for it. Still dont know if it would have been a SP or HP.

Thanks @Adkins 

You're welcome, @FireMedic1!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 154 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1

You can add another Sportsmans Guide Visa, sp to the lineup.  Dh just got it via SCT as well.

Message 155 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice. Congrats to Pops! 😁

Message 156 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Updated Dec 9th Added Wayfair SP Approval $2500
Overstock SP 8  HP 3 YMMV

Wayfair 3 HP 2 SP YMMV New SP 12/06

Ikea SP 4 HP1 YMMV

Good Sam Rewards Visa 2 HP 2 YMMY

Williams Sonoma SP 2 HP 4 YMMV

Simply Bee SP 1
VS SP 3
Childrens Place SP 3
Venus SP 3
Ultamate MC SP 1

Brylane Home SP 1

NY&C SP 1

J Crew SP 1

Express SP 1

Sportsman Guide SP 2 New 12/2 and 12/7

Avenue SP 2

West Elm HP 1

Message 157 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy how are you getting sportsman guide to pop up? Have been trying this for weeks now can’t get it. Overstock and Wayfair everyone else pops up for me but not sportsman guide
Message 158 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@GApeachy how are you getting sportsman guide to pop up? Have been trying this for weeks now can’t get it. Overstock and Wayfair everyone else pops up for me but not sportsman guide

Best thing to do is quit visiting all the sites for a while. (cookies, sp memory(?) if that's a thing, etc)
If you get too many of the others to pop-up then certain ones won't. I've noticed this myself.  You'll need to quit with the others for a month, maybe 6 weeks.  After waiting that long,  go to SportsmansGuide and be sure to imput your email address first when it asks for it to send you exclusive offers, then sign in.

I can no longer get VS or Wayfair to pop-up after selecting Roaman's, Pink, Ann Taylor and Sportsmans Guide....even though I did not except Roaman's and the others I did click on them to read the following info. and the result now is the others won't pop-up,  even after a few months.  I will be checking a couple of them later for S&G's.

I've gotten Sportsmans Guide to pop-up many times for others and myself....I just always closed out without signing out or backing up.  Just "X" out.  And "X" out of any other pop-up's too.  

Also, sometimes you have to peruse the site adding and subtracting cart items to see if it's the amt. preventing it.  And edit your address a few times too.  That's done it for me when nothing else worked.  Cart loaded and nothing.....edit address, except their recommended address and zip and then BOOM! pop-up Smiley Wink  Make sure your locks are off.  Make sure it's only last 4 digits of SS# too.  GL!

Message 159 of 487
cinnamongirl
Contributor

I'm not sure if the rule about SS# entered during SCT still applies but I just tested a few comenity brands and here are the results.

Williams Sonoma MC: Full SS required

West Elm: Full SS required

ColdWater Creek MC: last 4 of SS required

Sportsmans Guide MC: last 4 of SS required

AnnTaylor/Loft (tried both) MC: last 4 of SS required.

So, using former rules- WS and WE would be HP and the CC, SG and AT would be SP??? Anyone experience anything different??

(I refrained from pulling the trigger on ALL- so proud of myself! Smiley Happy )

Message 160 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.