Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Shopping cart trick

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know of any Synchrony Bank sites that the SCT still works on?  Or that I can see if I can prequalify for?

QVC (home shopping) the pop-up offered a specific amt. $ and I accepted.  I got that same amt. offered but have heard that's not always the case, ymmv.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 201 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

@FireMedic1

I've never gotten an approval through Comenity on a major and it be a hard pull through the sct.  Also, that's the only way I've ever picked up their stores and majors.

Had made a purchase on Wayfair, got tempted by the sct at checkout, ignored.  Then I needed to make another purchase, larger purcha$e and got tempted again.  I went back and forth, kept closing it out.  I really love those deferred pymts I get on Lowe's and Home Depot and decided to go ahead and place the order.  I read through the Terms, not really, but I saw them....applied, LAST 4 of SS#, approved for 6.5k.  I forgot to take the screenshot as I was seeing something new...different options for financing. Points or months x6-12-24-48Smiley Wink

Anyway, short story Loooog.....All reports were unlocked, no notice.  BUT, I got hit with a hp on Eq.- 15 hrs. later came the notice.Smiley Mad  

No hp for Ultamate MC (except when I called for a cli and said pull if you have to)

No hp for GoodSams Visa

No hp for SportsmansGuide Visa

Just all of my store cards I got popped with the hp upon apping.

Thought that is an interesting dp, wanted to share.

Didn't want to share that I app'd again, but for the good of the cause- whoop there it is!

Message 202 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got pop up on camping world for good sams reward card, how does one know if it is the visa or store card version? wont actually use card but maybe if offered balance transfer or for UTI padding.

Message 203 of 487
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got pop up on camping world for good sams reward card, how does one know if it is the visa or store card version? wont actually use card but maybe if offered balance transfer or for UTI padding.

I have that store card only version.  From what I have read, unless it shows a Visa card, it likely is a store card only.  Mine make some sense as I shop there online several times a year...  at Overtons (boating stuff) actually.   If you get that, I don't think there are BT opportunities but could be a UTI padding opportunity.  Not 100% sure on the BT aspect though.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 204 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for info, gonna be a no go for me then. No chance at BT yields nothing for me! Gonna hold on for my navy card whenever I decide to pull trigger on 2nd one and possible Amex around April.
Message 205 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for info, gonna be a no go for me then. No chance at BT yields nothing for me! Gonna hold on for my navy card whenever I decide to pull trigger on 2nd one and possible Amex around April.

It definitely states Visa if it's for the Visa.  I just looked at my screenshot.

Message 206 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screen shot? You can get SCT to pop up on phone?
Message 207 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I do not use a phone for SCT.  Out of curiosity I created an acct. for ds and

went through the motions and received the Visa pop-up. 

(Used "New incognito window")

GoodSams Rewards Visa popup - Edited.jpg

Then instead of backing out (you can lose your offer that way) I just X (closed) the window.  He may like this card later on.

Message 208 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@FireMedic1

I've never gotten an approval through Comenity on a major and it be a hard pull through the sct.  Also, that's the only way I've ever picked up their stores and majors.

Had made a purchase on Wayfair, got tempted by the sct at checkout, ignored.  Then I needed to make another purchase, larger purcha$e and got tempted again.  I went back and forth, kept closing it out.  I really love those deferred pymts I get on Lowe's and Home Depot and decided to go ahead and place the order.  I read through the Terms, not really, but I saw them....applied, LAST 4 of SS#, approved for 6.5k.  I forgot to take the screenshot as I was seeing something new...different options for financing. Points or months x6-12-24-48Smiley Wink

Anyway, short story Loooog.....All reports were unlocked, no notice.  BUT, I got hit with a hp on Eq.- 15 hrs. later came the notice.Smiley Mad  

No hp for Ultamate MC (except when I called for a cli and said pull if you have to)

No hp for GoodSams Visa

No hp for SportsmansGuide Visa

Just all of my store cards I got popped with the hp upon apping.

Thought that is an interesting dp, wanted to share.

Didn't want to share that I app'd again, but for the good of the cause- whoop there it is!

Thanks for the DP's and congrats on the SP approvals. Boo Wayfair.

Message 209 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Boo Wayfair.

Lol! (Booooo)  Naw, I am happy for the deferred @24 months option on this acct.(psst- they ain't cheap compared to everyWHERE) and I'm actually surprised it offered up to 24  (48) months and maybe even higher perhaps on cart total$, idk. 

I'm also surprised by the hp on yet another store card and nada on any of my majors.  Isn't that bassackward? Smiley Indifferent Wouldn't you think they'd do a hard pull for majors before store when doing SCT?  Idk- it's probably both ways for others but it's been weird this way for me.  

Message 210 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.