Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

@newfossilApproved for VS with a HP. Childrens Place and Kohls were SP's.

Message 211 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Updated Jan 22

Comenity/CCB Cards:
Overstock SP 9  HP 3 YMMV

Wayfair 4 HP 2 SP YMMV New HP 01/20

Ikea SP 4 HP1 YMMV

Good Sam Rewards Visa 4 New SP 01/20 HP 2 YMMV

Williams Sonoma SP 2 HP 4 YMMV

Simply Bee SP 1
VS SP 4 New HP 01/22
Childrens Place SP 4 New SP 01/22
Venus SP 3
Ultamate MC SP 2 NEW SP 01/20

Brylane Home SP 1

NY&C SP 1

J Crew SP 1

Express SP 2

Sportsman Guide SP 3 New SP 01/20

Avenue SP 2

West Elm HP 1

Boscov 1

Capital One Cards: (Pre-Approval)

Kohls HP 01/22

Message 212 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might be tempted for Ikea or Overstock. But the real damage comes with the new account, HP's will age off. 

If you could get the WF Propel or a few others with a SP, I'd go for it though.

Message 213 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Updated Jan 22

Ikea SP 4 HP1 YMMV

Good Sam Rewards Visa 4 New SP 01/20 HP 2 YMMV

Simply Bee SP 1
VS SP 4 New HP 01/22
Venus SP 3
Ultamate MC SP 2 NEW SP 01/20

Brylane Home SP 1

NY&C SP 1

J Crew SP 1

Express SP 2

Sportsman Guide SP 3 New SP 01/20

Avenue SP 2

West Elm HP 1

Boscov 1

Kohls HP 01/22

Kohl’s is Capital One. 

Message 214 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't had a chance to read through all of the comments on this post yet, but I did do an app for VS yesterday. Pop up at checkout for 250 pre-approved, enter last 4 and approved for 1k. I can say with utmost certainty that was a SP lol my fico is as of now 505 (don't beat me up, I am newly a work in progress). I can not say 100%, but likely so. I called today to verify the account have the address adjusted to be sent to my temp address and I have a card otw and placed an order to be sure. Now, my point. When I read the terms it did list several states of residence where a credit report would be pulled before accepting term and applying. Like, legally required, I believe? It was in fairly bold print and hard to miss. Again, sorry if this is redundant. I wish I had taken a SS. My state was not listed, so I proceeded. Maybe that is why YMMV for some? I know VT was listed because that is the state I am currently working in, but is not where my permanent address is located on my credit report. Could be other variables, I can update when I know for certain if it was a SP or HP.

Message 215 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I read the terms it did list several states of residence where a credit report would be pulled before accepting term and applying. Like, legally required, I believe? It was in fairly bold print and hard to miss.

Congrats and thanks for bringing that up......I sorta read the T&C and obviously "sorta" is why I never saw that...even though in Bold Print-omg, Shame!  Pretty Interesting, I think I still have a SS of the T&C, I'll look and post if I do.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 216 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Now, my point. When I read the terms it did list several states of residence where a credit report would be pulled before accepting term and applying.

I found one which does mention "And any UPDATE" right after NY, RI and VT Residents.....see below

notice the "And any UPDATES"  does that mean a HP for cli's as well?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 217 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it definitely was a SP for the VS SCT. I thought it would work with Sephora, but turns out it was just a link to an actual app during checkout, and was not a pre-approval and it also may be because they don't let you choose the store card, but rather you are applying for the Visa and then secondarily the Store Card if you aren't approved for the Visa, bummer. They really make it look like you have an option to choose. I took a HP on that one and was notified within the hour on CK that they had checked my EQ CR and I still had no HP from Comenity/VS. No worries, it is my only inquiry on my CR.

Message 218 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't had a chance to read through all of the comments on this post yet, but I did do an app for VS yesterday. Pop up at checkout for 250 pre-approved, enter last 4 and approved for 1k. I can say with utmost certainty that was a SP lol my fico is as of now 505 (don't beat me up, I am newly a work in progress). I can not say 100%, but likely so. I called today to verify the account have the address adjusted to be sent to my temp address and I have a card otw and placed an order to be sure. Now, my point. When I read the terms it did list several states of residence where a credit report would be pulled before accepting term and applying. Like, legally required, I believe? It was in fairly bold print and hard to miss. Again, sorry if this is redundant. I wish I had taken a SS. My state was not listed, so I proceeded. Maybe that is why YMMV for some? I know VT was listed because that is the state I am currently working in, but is not where my permanent address is located on my credit report. Could be other variables, I can update when I know for certain if it was a SP or HP.

Congrats @Anonymous for your data points. I'll add you to the list.

Message 219 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Updated Feb 18

Ikea SP 4 HP1 YMMV

Good Sam Rewards Visa 4 New 01/20 HP 2 YMMV

Simply Bee SP 1
VS SP 4 New SP 2/18 HP 1
Venus SP 3
Ultamate MC SP 2 NEW 01/20

Brylane Home SP 1

NY&C SP 1

J Crew SP 1

Express SP 2

Sportsman Guide SP 3 New 01/20

Avenue SP 2

West Elm HP 1

Boscov 1 New 12/17

Capital One Cards: Pre-Approval

Kohls HP 01/22

Message 220 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.