Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
CreditChemistry
Established Member

Re: The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

On 2/20 I was preapproved on Wayfair by the SCT. I went for it. SL was $1500 with no HP. I was actually buying a futon frame for my guest room and was surprised by the pop up because they also gave me a SUB for $50 off a $250 purchase. I just received the welcome package in the mail today, even though I was able to use the card right away. Thought I would add to your DP. I also have no other Comenity accounts. 

Message 231 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditChemistry wrote:

On 2/20 I was preapproved on Wayfair by the SCT. I went for it. SL was $1500 with no HP. I was actually buying a futon frame for my guest room and was surprised by the pop up because they also gave me a SUB for $50 off a $250 purchase. I just received the welcome package in the mail today, even though I was able to use the card right away. Thought I would add to your DP. I also have no other Comenity accounts. 

Congrats! Thanks for the DP's!

Message 232 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity is still doing the sct

While doing some clearance shopping, I got pre-approvals on Gander Outdoors(Good Sam) and Sportsman's Guide. Not sure if its business as usual at Comenity or they are trying to generate business for their partner stores. Even though the offers were tempting I stayed in my garden.

Message 233 of 487
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Comenity is still doing the sct

@Anonymous wrote:

While doing some clearance shopping, I got pre-approvals on Gander Outdoors(Good Sam) and Sportsman's Guide. Not sure if its business as usual at Comenity or they are trying to generate business for their partner stores. Even though the offers were tempting I stayed in my garden.

I am thinking business as usual. Congrats on your offers and holding steadfast in the garden.

Message 234 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

They're still playing SCT.  I call it Comenity poker.  I like logging in and seeing what's gonna pop-up where....then I like loading the cart to the hilt, calling Its bluff..... and seeing when it's gonna quit popping up. 

I've got a few still popping up above 5k, lol!  Ain't gonna bite.  Then with some of the store cards they still show on the pop-up the limit you'd get if you except.  Mostly on the Women's clothing store cards. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 235 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

They're still playing SCT.  I call it Comenity poker.  I like logging in and seeing what's gonna pop-up where....then I like loading the cart to the hilt, calling Its bluff..... and seeing when it's gonna quit popping up. 

I've got a few still popping up above 5k, lol!  Ain't gonna bite.  Then with some of the store cards they still show on the pop-up the limit you'd get if you except.  Mostly on the Women's clothing store cards. 

I found what they show you and what you actually get can be radically different. So I think it is just a marketing ploy mostly. VS offered 250, I believe, and they gave me 1k. Vice versa for WS. YMMV.

At least they are still alive for some that still want them!

Message 236 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add to your datapoints:

3/15 : Toyota, $2000, SP (didn't take it) ; this was not SCT, it was from a link in the forum.

3/29 : Overstock, $1500, SP

3/30 : Pottery Barn, $4000, SP

3/30 : West elm, 10-day review, SP

All except Toyota were SCT "You are pre-approved!" Clicked and got them. All SPs

Message 237 of 487
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I have 2 (both SCT specials) Comenity cards. $15k between them, never carried a balance without a 0% offer. I continue to try SCT for the Williams Sonoma card to no avail. Is this the "White Elephant" of SCT cards?

I get the Wayfair offer everytime I fill a shopping cart, just not interested. Is there a progression of sites/cards I should be sampling the SCT with to determine my value to Comenity?

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 238 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I continue to try SCT for the Williams Sonoma card to no avail. Is this the "White Elephant" of SCT cards?

After having one of their majors for 10 months now I am getting the SCT offer for Williams Sonoma this week, 10 months exactly and on the same day I received a cli on that major that aged to 10 months.  

Idk if that's a dp or coincidence.

Message 239 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to add to your datapoints:

3/15 : Toyota, $2000, SP (didn't take it) ; this was not SCT, it was from a link in the forum.

3/29 : Overstock, $1500, SP

3/30 : Pottery Barn, $4000, SP

3/30 : West elm, 10-day review, SP

All except Toyota were SCT "You are pre-approved!" Clicked and got them. All SPs

Nice haul and thanks for sharing dp's!  Congrats to youSmiley Wink

Message 240 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.