Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
collics
Established Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

Hello everyone.

Sorry if i missed it, but can someone point me to the direction (page) of the actual Shopping Cart trick steps please?

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 421 of 487
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@collics wrote:

Hello everyone.

Sorry if i missed it, but can someone point me to the direction (page) of the actual Shopping Cart trick steps please?

Below is an older thread from a few years ago which is still relevant to some of the steps, just keep in mind that YEMV.  The most recent DP to the SCT (or if applying directly for Comenity CCs) is to ensure SageStream/Innovis is unfrozen or it could potentially deny the application.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Comenity-Shopping-Cart-Trick/m-p/5005789

Message 422 of 487
collics
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@collics wrote:

Hello everyone.

Below is an older thread from a few years ago which is still relevant to some of the steps, just keep in mind that YEMV.  The most recent DP to the SCT (or if applying directly for Comenity CCs) is to ensure SageStream/Innovis is unfrozen or it could potentially deny the application.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Comenity-Shopping-Cart-Trick/m-p/5005789

I'd never even heard of SageStream so I would hope it is not frozen. Thank you.

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 423 of 487
Dirge
Contributor

Does anyone know if Comenity "blackballs" people whose cards they closed last year? Is there any point in trying for a card with a different store? Thanks. (I can't get rid of this extra junk with my phone)

Message 424 of 487
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Dirge wrote:

Does anyone know if Comenity "blackballs" people whose cards they closed last year? Is there any point in trying for a card with a different store? Thanks. (I can't get rid of this extra junk with my phone)

@Dirge  - did you mean, "blacklists"?  As in not being able to obtain any other cards from them?  

I think you should be fine with getting one or maybe two, but definitely space them out and try not to gorge on so many of them. Also, try to remain application-free for a while after obtaining any of them since Comenity tends to monitor things after the fact. Which card are you thinking of getting?

When did they close them and how many did they close?  Did they provide the reason?  

Message 425 of 487
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@collics wrote:

Hello everyone.

I dealt with and had plenty of my share of Comenity Cards both Visa, MC, and even Discover as well as Store Brands. And i can 1001% attest to the FACT that Comenity will shoot an app down even if with a preapproval CITING SAGESTREAM and will waste your Inquiry ON THAT ALONE.

I found out the hard way recently when trying for IKEA Cards. Took 2 wasted HP's, NOT on anything with my profile or FICO Score but their lack of informing cardholders in advance that they were instituting that change in their card approval policy.

Message 426 of 487
Dirge
Contributor

I did mean blacklist, thank you, @FinStar. Comenity closed two my cards with zero balances back in April in their purge, and my EX score went down 29 points just on that, over 3 months. I brought it up 19 points (over the  next 3 months) by getting a Discover secured card, but my Fico scores on various sites keep mentioning that my lower score is from only having one (now, two) credit cards, so I'm wondering if it would help to try the SCT again on another Comenity card. 

Thanks for your answer. 

eta  I'm thinking of getting  the Williams-Sonoma store card, since I've bought from them before. 

Message 427 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

Approved for the Ann Taylor ALL Rewards Credit Card with SP SCT.

Not sure if I needed to post here as well since I already posted in the approval thread.  Nonetheless, thought it may help.

Message 428 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved for the Ann Taylor ALL Rewards Credit Card with SP SCT.

Not sure if I needed to post here as well since I already posted in the approval thread.  Nonetheless, thought it may help.

Perfect, the more dp's the better.  Congrats @Anonymous for the sp approval, enjoy!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 429 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @GApeachy !  I'm not familiar with all of the MyFico rules, so I didn't want to double post.

I'm already looking forward to receiving my first shipment!

Message 430 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.