Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re:  The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

Appreciate the dp's @Anonymous . Now I'm curious if it's due to the fact that it's under or over a certain $ sl.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 441 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hadn't considered that, but I think you have a valid point. Perhaps baby limits don't show an actual dollar amount i.e. $250 Ann Taylor SL lol whereas higher SL do i.e. $1500 App. Conn. SL? Just a thought. 

@GApeachy wrote:

Appreciate the dp's @Anonymous . Now I'm curious if it's due to the fact that it's under or over a certain $ sl.

Message 442 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Appliances Connections it's asking for my full SS which makes me think it's a HP. Is that what you got, please?

Message 443 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ Appliances Connections it's asking for my full SS which makes me think it's a HP. Is that what you got, please?

The few dp's I saw for Appliances Connection showed sp but they only asked for last 4 numbers of SS#.  I'd be leery.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 444 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

For me...

Ann Taylor did a HP

VS and Overstock all did hard pulls for very little SL.

Learning learning learning. I now won't give my full SS believing the account is a SP. YMMV. 🙏🏻

Message 445 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

So from what I've read and I have actually tested this and it worked for me once in the store and once online the one online I simply went on and checked out ordered about $200 worth of stuff entered my mailing information manually so it would be slow enough to give the system time to recognize my location and info and slowly but surely the pop-up came up for me that I was a pre-approved for a Victoria's Secret card and I all I had to do was into the last four of my social along with other basic info and I was approved for a $400 limit I am rebuilding my credit don't really intend on making a lot of purchases with the card basically wanted to add to my credit usage. The store card i was approved for was a forever 21 card for $500 both with sp on my report. I have 5 small cl major cc and now 2 store cc 

1 Student loan 1 installment loan some minor charge offs or Tele check cu is low no more than 23% credit scores are tu668 eq667 ex666 according to online reports to date my goal for now is just to break into good standing instead of fair status.

Message 446 of 487
shane1978
Contributor

Anyone know which one of these SCT cards offer the largest growth...Which one has the largest CL growth?

Message 447 of 487
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

@shane1978 wrote:

Anyone know which one of these SCT cards offer the largest growth...Which one has the largest CL growth?

No idea but @Anonymous got VS up to $6k over time. 

YMMV from mine but I'd caution be careful of SCT regerts.  You may not get a HP but it will be reported as a new trade line and will affect your AAOAs.  Also the SL may be lower than you want/need. I used SCT for a VS card I didn't need about a year ago after reading about it here. Thought why not try. Put some stuff in cart and got the pop up for the card. Was approved for $1k. Emptied the cart without buying anything but the card still arrived. I got a $750 cli recently and bought a couple hats mostly due to guilt lol. Really don't need the card and won't use it. But I guess it's not much different than my low SL limit HSBC card I just "had" to have that cost me a hard pull and a lot of aggravation proving my identity. 🤣

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 448 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if Overstock can be had on the SCT but I know of a few forum members above $23,000 on that card. I think one is approaching $30,000.

Message 449 of 487
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Comenity Overstock Card CAN be obtained via SCT.

Got all 3 of mine now in the profile via SCT. All 3 of mine was SP approvals. The other 2 was All Rewards MC and Appliances Connection. The pair of store cards saw an immediate SP CLI right after setting up the online account and going to the luv button. Smiley Wink

Message 450 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.