Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

Just wanted to add, when I PIF accounts through CCCS I included VS and Express. (Don't know if anyone else was curious if this effects future SCT chances)

Since I completed that program, I've gotten pop ups for:

VS $1000 (didn't accept)

WS Store Card $1000 (didn't accept)

J Crew $500 (Didn't accept)

Good Camping Store Card $1500 (accepted) SP

OS $1500 (accepted) SP

Pottery Barn $2500 (accepted) SP

Grandin Road $2000 (accepted) SP

LOFT All Rewards MC $2000 (accepted) SP

New York & Co $1500 (Didn't accept)

Message 461 of 487
uscgamecock
Valued Member

Got the SCT pop up from Good Sam's tonight. Just asked for last 4 digits. Clicked submit and got an error message.

Hard pull. %$#$^#. Should have known better... 

Message 462 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@uscgamecock call them to see what happened. GL!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 463 of 487
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

How can they do a HP if they only have your last 4 SSN ???

Message 464 of 487
uscgamecock
Valued Member

@uscgamecock wrote:

Got the SCT pop up from Good Sam's tonight. Just asked for last 4 digits. Clicked submit and got an error message.

Hard pull. %$#$^#. Should have known better... 

Okay, I never had the chance to call. I got the letter today. They just wanted me to call in and verify my identity, so I did. Got the (Lexus Nexus or whoever they use for this) questions. They ask for your astrological sign which is kinda weird.

"Congratulations, you have been approved for a Good Sam's Visa card with a limit of $2k." My lowest current limit. At this point, I'm just glad I got something for taking the HARD INQ. It's Commenity, I treat them well, so it'll grow eventually.

The Shopping Cart APPROVAL is alive and well, but just because they just ask for the last 4 digits does not mean you aren't taking a hard one. ALWAYS ASSUME A HARD INQUIRY MIGHT HAPPEN IF YOU GET THE SHOPPING CART POPUP.

For data points: 1) The hard inquiry was through Equifax & EQ is showing 5 INQ during the last year 2) Equifax score is 695 right now because of high utilization on 2 cards which I just paid down. 3) I have a two year relationship with Comenity Bank. They know me well. 4) I have 3 open Comenity cards: Appliance Connection @ $8k, Overstock @ $6k & Sportsman's Guide @ $2.5k. I have 3 closed Comenity cards: Boscov, Stage & Brylane. 5) Only carrying a balance at Appliance Connection because of a 0% offer on my freezer.

Message 465 of 487
uscgamecock
Valued Member

@4sallypat wrote:

How can they do a HP if they only have your last 4 SSN ???

Probably because I currently have 3 accounts with them and they already have my SSN.

Message 466 of 487
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

How can they do a HP if they only have your last 4 SSN ??

Companies can do hard pulls even without your full SSN or any part of your SSN.  If they have your name and DOB, that is enough to do a hard pull.

I remember several years ago, QVC would do HPs if you tried to use their multiple payment option with them.

Accoeding to this SOFI blog, all you need is your name, DOB, and consent... and consent is probably buried somewhere under the terms of accepting the account.

https://www.sofi.com/learn/content/soft-vs-hard-credit-inquiry-need-to-know/ 

"Did you know that a company can pull your credit information with just your name, address, date of birth, and consent? Although it may seem like they would need your Social Security number, they don’t."

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 467 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@uscgamecock wrote:

I have 3 closed Comenity cards: Boscov, Stage & Brylane. 5) Only carrying a balance at Appliance Connection because of a 0% offer on my freezer

I've had stage (Goody's) since 1998, miss them.  Since you're in good with Comenity but got a hp and you mentioned Lexis Nexis now I'm wondering if LN is the reason for them deciding to hp you.  Have you looked at a current LN report? 

Message 468 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@uscgamecock btw, congrats.  I have this visa and it's up to $20.3k now. Plus the rewards on travel is pretty darned good when comparing prices to other ccc's at the same hotels. Just glad you got it...enjoy.

Message 469 of 487
uscgamecock
Valued Member

@GApeachy wrote:

I've had stage (Goody's) since 1998, miss them.  Since you're in good with Comenity but got a hp and you mentioned Lexis Nexis now I'm wondering if LN is the reason for them deciding to hp you.  Have you looked at a current LN report? 

Me too. The only reason I closed Stage was that I wanted it to show as closed by debtor rather than closed by creditor on my reports.

I have not looked at my L-N report in about 15 years. I guess I should. I remember having to request it by mail.

Is this something that can be accomplished online now in the internet age?

Message 470 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.