tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to add to your datapoints:

3/15 : Toyota, $2000, SP (didn't take it) ; this was not SCT, it was from a link in the forum.

3/29 : Overstock, $1500, SP

3/30 : Pottery Barn, $4000, SP

3/30 : West elm, 10-day review, SP

All except Toyota were SCT "You are pre-approved!" Clicked and got them. All SPs

Nice haul and thanks for sharing dp's!  Congrats to youSmiley Wink

Congrats. I'll add your data points!

Message 241 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Updated April 4th

Comenity/CCB Cards:
Overstock SP 12  HP 4 New 4 SP's on 3/19 & 4/4 YMMV

Wayfair 5 HP 4 SP New HP 3/19 & 1 SP 4/4 YMMV

Ikea SP 4 HP1 YMMV

Good Sam Rewards Visa 4 HP 2 YMMV

Williams Sonoma SP 3 HP 4 YMMV

West Elm HP 1 SP 1 New SP 4/4 YMMV

VS SP 6  HP 1 YMMV
Childrens Place SP 4 New 1st HP 3/19

Pottery Barn SP 1 New SP 4/4

Venus SP 3
Ultamate MC SP 2 

Brylane Home SP 1

NY&C SP 1

J Crew SP 1

Express SP 2

Sportsman Guide SP 3

Avenue SP 2

Simply Bee SP 1

Boscov 1 

Sephora HP 1

Capital One Cards:

Kohls Pre Approval HP 1

Message 242 of 487
newgirlintown
Valued Member

On 3/26 I was pre approved for Overstock using the sct. I hadn't set out to get that card and only put one item worth about $550.00 in the cart. I've been wanting the Cricut machine baaad. They approved me for $350.00! How insulting!! So I didn't get the machine from Overstock but it was a blessing in disguise because I ended up purchasing it for $175 less on sale from a different store. At the time of that app, I had two other Comenity cards with a 0 balance (Express, just increased from $350 to $750 and Venus just increased from $500 to $850). I'm seriously considering getting rid of both. I liked Express but the store near my house just closed so it's inconvenient for me to return online orders now. Anyway that low sl from Overstock prompted me to try the sct with Wayfair. I added about 2k worth of items to my cart and was pre approved then approved for $3500. I'm going to cancel that Overstock if they don't give me a respectable cl within a month. So far no HP.  Fico Equifax 697, Experian 724, Transunion, 726. My highest limit is with Quick Silver at $7k and my lowest is with Credit One at $700 (after almost 2 yrs). I'm getting rid of Credit One too as soon as I get that $7k utilization down to 6%, currently at 20%. Bk filed 5/2018, dc 9/2018.

Message 243 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@newgirlintown 

When you get your Overstock paper card in the mail to setup your online acct immediately request a cli.....you may be surprised.  Congrats on both pickups, they do grow so give them some time, esp. Overstock.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 244 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newgirlintown wrote:

On 3/26 I was pre approved for Overstock using the sct. I hadn't set out to get that card and only put one item worth about $550.00 in the cart. I've been wanting the Cricut machine baaad. They approved me for $350.00! How insulting!! So I didn't get the machine from Overstock but it was a blessing in disguise because I ended up purchasing it onsale for $175 less on sale from a different store. At the time of that app, I had two other Comenity cards with a 0 balance (Express, just increased from $350 to $750 and Venus just increased from $500 to $850). I'm seriously considering getting rid of both. I liked Express but the store near my house just closed so it's inconvenient for me to return online orders now. Anyway that low sl from Overstock prompted me to try the sct with Wayfair. I added about 2k worth of items to my cart and was pre approved then approved for $3500. I'm going to cancel that Overstock if they don't give me a respectable cl within a month. So far no HP.  Fico Equifax 697, Experian 724, Transunion, 726. My highest limit is with Quick Silver at $7k and my lowest is with Credit One at $700 (after almost 2 yrs). I'm getting rid of Credit One too as soon as I get that $7k utilization down to 6%, currently at 20%. Bk filed 5/2018, dc 9/2018.

I am with you on being offered less than the items in the cart! I sort of feel after getting 2 Comenity card via SCT that actually having less $ in items in the cart  mean a larger SL. Just IMHO! I had <$100 in my cart for VS and was "pre-approved" via the pop up for $250. When I entered my info (SP) I was given a $1k SL! Then another day when I was *actually* going to buy an espresso machine on WS, I got the pop-up of "pre-approved" for $500. The espresso machine I had in my cart was $322 or something. After entering info (SP), it gave me a SL of $250! Even with the 20% discount, it still was not under $250! It also was a blessing in disguise because WS/Comenity reported to the 3Bs on the day of approval! It would have made me very sad to have my very first reporting card in over a decade to show as maxxed out! So, my overall feel is less is more in terms of getting higher SLs on the SCT cards. I could totally be wrong (my theory about certain states requiring HPs was certainly wrong), but could be a thing 🤷‍♀️ It certainly seemed to work with Wayfair for you, so again, maybe it depends on other factors or which store is offering the SCT...You certainly have better score than me, tho!

Note: I already gave these DPs for the SPs, so no need to add them to the list, as you already have 🙂

Message 245 of 487
newgirlintown
Valued Member

Ok, I will.

Thanks.

Message 246 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I have 2 (both SCT specials) Comenity cards. $15k between them, never carried a balance without a 0% offer. I continue to try SCT for the Williams Sonoma card to no avail. Is this the "White Elephant" of SCT cards?

I get the Wayfair offer everytime I fill a shopping cart, just not interested. Is there a progression of sites/cards I should be sampling the SCT with to determine my value to Comenity?

I got the WS visa though the sct but when I tried for a cli they shot me down with the no mortgage excuse. One month later they offer me good sam, sportsman's guide and today they offered up land's end. Comenity is so weird with what they want to offer you at any given time.

Message 247 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Updated April 5th

Comenity/CCB Cards:
Overstock SP 12  HP 4 New 4 SP's on 3/19 & 4/4 YMMV

Wayfair 5 HP 5 SP New HP 3/19 & 2 SP 4/4 YMMV

Ikea SP 4 HP 1SP YMMV

Good Sam Rewards Visa 4 HP 2 YMMV

Williams Sonoma SP 3 HP 4 YMMV

West Elm HP 1 SP 1 New SP 4/4 YMMV

VS SP 6  HP 1 YMMV
Childrens Place SP 4 HP 1 New 1st HP 3/19

Pottery Barn SP 1 New SP 4/4

Venus SP 3
Ultamate MC SP 2 

Brylane Home SP 1

NY&C SP 1

J Crew SP 1

Express SP 2

Sportsman Guide SP 3

Avenue SP 2

Simply Bee SP 1

Boscov 1 

Sephora HP 1

Capital One Cards:

Kohls Pre Approval HP 1

Message 248 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another SP datapoint on Overstock's Store Card

Performed the SCT and received the pre-approved pop-up. Went through the application and was approved for an LOC of $2400 w/ a Soft-Pull.

Had some trepidation with having to enter my full SS# during the app, but I indeed received a notice regarding the SP on Experian and no HP. So pretty glad about that.

Message 249 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Another SP datapoint on Overstock's Store Card

Performed the SCT and received the pre-approved pop-up. Went through the application and was approved for an LOC of $2400 w/ a Soft-Pull.

Had some trepidation with having to enter my full SS# during the app, but I indeed received a notice regarding the SP on Experian and no HP. So pretty glad about that.

May I ask which service gives SP notices?  Thank you!

Message 250 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.