Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you @GApeachy !  I'm not familiar with all of the MyFico rules, so I didn't want to double post.

I'm already looking forward to receiving my first shipment!

I can't remember if AT is a sc and a mc or visa.  Which did you get?

It's like Christmas getting those packagesSmiley Very Happy Enjoy!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 431 of 487
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you @GApeachy !  I'm not familiar with all of the MyFico rules, so I didn't want to double post.

I'm already looking forward to receiving my first shipment!

I can't remember if AT is a sc and a mc or visa.  Which did you get?

It's like Christmas getting those packagesSmiley Very Happy Enjoy!

AT aka: All Rewards card is a SCT and also CAN BE a MC or store card. Either of which mostly is a Soft Pull Approval.

I got the ALL REWARDS Mastercard version in September via SP.

No increases yet but will keep trying.

Message 432 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Thanks for that.  Do you have other Comenity cards?  Any others via SCT?

Message 433 of 487
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Thanks for that.  Do you have other Comenity cards?  Any others via SCT?

Your Welcome. Hope it helps.

Yes. Overstock and Appliances Connection. All 3 soft pull only approvals.

Message 434 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

First, idk where this goes....credit cards or applications so move away mods if need be.  Apologies in advance.

So my question pertains to how the pop-up presents.  Before, the pop-up would have a dollar amt. in the pre-approval pop-up.  Now it doesn't. 

It's not on ALL cards that I've seen in the past with the dollar amt. but a couple of "for instance" are:

sc's= Brylan Homes and Victoria's Secret.

cc's= not sure I've ever seen a cc pre-approval with a dollar amt. or I don't remember seeing one.

Curious how the pop-ups are showing for other folks.

Message 435 of 487
AlmostNJ
Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone else noticed the Comenity SCT change?

@GApeachy wrote:

First, idk where this goes....credit cards or applications so move away mods if need be.  Apologies in advance.

So my question pertains to how the pop-up presents.  Before, the pop-up would have a dollar amt. in the pre-approval pop-up.  Now it doesn't. 

It's not on ALL cards that I've seen in the past with the dollar amt. but a couple of "for instance" are:

sc's= Brylan Homes and Victoria's Secret.

cc's= not sure I've ever seen a cc pre-approval with a dollar amt. or I don't remember seeing one.

Curious how the pop-ups are showing for other folks.

Yes i noticed that they don't  tell you whatbthe credit line is until you accept. 

Message 436 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re:  The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

@AlmostNJ wrote:

Yes i noticed that they don't  tell you whatbthe credit line is until you accept. 

Thank you for responding.  Did you ever have any sct pre-approvals that did show the sl?  I've had a few that did, but no more.

P.S.ETA:

I played around with the Brylane Home and was able to get it to pop-up with a dollar amt.  I noticed that the old amt. changed by 1/2.  Went from $1500 down to $750.  Hmmmmmm

Brylane Home sct.png

Message 437 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

@AlmostNJ wrote:

Thank you for responding.  Did you ever have any sct pre-approvals that did show the sl?  I've had a few that did, but no more.

P.S.ETA:

I played around with the Brylane Home and was able to get it to pop-up with a dollar amt.  I noticed that the old amt. changed by 1/2.  Went from $1500 down to $750.  Hmmmmmm

Brylane Home sct.png

What did you do to make it show you the SL?

I've gotten the pop up recently on William's Sonoma, Children's Place and Express. None of them showed me the SL before accepting so I didn't accept.

Message 438 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@AlmostNJ wrote:

P.S.ETA:

Brylane Home sct.png

What did you do to make it show you the SL?

I've gotten the pop up recently on William's Sonoma, Children's Place and Express. None of them showed me the SL before accepting so I didn't accept.

Both VS and WS gave me SLs in the SCT pop-ups, but that was a year ago and were not accurate. I think it is just marketing.

My VS said $250 and the gave me $1k and WS said $500 (and I had hoped it would be $1k again like VS lol) and they gave me $250 - didn't even cover the item I was going to buy.

The SLs given in the SCT pop-up are fake until they do the SP/HP, IMO. It does say pre-approved and then fine print: "subject to credit check/worthiness".

Message 439 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GApeachy 

I'm relatively new to SCT approvals.  In December, I was pre-approved through the sct with Appliances Connection and the pop-up showed the actual preapproval amount.  Earlier this month I received the Ann Taylor preapproval pop-up with no amount listed.  

There was a vast difference in the approval amounts which I kind of anticipated AT having a much lower SL since no dollar amount appeared.

Message 440 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.