Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

Since I had the "SP SCT was now a HP" thread that started in 2018. Everyone was getting a HP from Comenity after the end of Sept/Oct 2018 time frame when the SP died out. Old thread here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Updated-SCT-is-now-a-HP-No-more-tricks/td-... 
Updated thread description May 7, 2020:
This thread is now a year old and it seems Comenity has gone back to the old days of the SCT with only a SP in most cases. Although some HP's do show up at times and theres no set data points that determines a SP from a HP from collecting data ponits for the last year. So if you were approved for a Comenity store card with a SP or HP and would like to share your data points. Please list which card you were approved for via pop up, mailer, or even a cold app. And add a couple DP's like your FICO score too.

I'll do as I did in the old thread and keep a tally on who's hot and who's not. Keep in mind. Only go for a store card that you'll use. Don't just go out and get a bunch of store cards. Not good for you AAoA's.  Just remember its a YMMV thing.  Apply at your own risk. First Report of SP SCT returning was May 2019. Good Luck. And congrats if you were successful. Fire Away! 🔥

Comenity/CCB Cards:

Overstock SP 16  HP 5  

Wayfair 6 HP 6 SP

Ikea SP 4 HP 1SP 

Good Sam Rewards Visa SP 5 HP 2

Williams Sonoma SP 10 HP 5

West Elm HP 1 SP 2 

VS SP 8  HP 1 
Childrens Place SP 5 HP 1

Appliances Connection 4 SP

Ann Taylor MC New Card 2 SP

Sportsman Guide SP 6

Brylane Home SP 1 

Pottery Barn SP 2

Express SP 5

Venus SP 3
Ultamate MC SP 2 

Brylane Home SP 1

NY&C SP 1

J Crew SP 1

Avenue SP 2

Simply Bee SP 1

Boscov HP 11 

Sephora HP 1

Ulta SP 1

Lands End SP 1

Capital One Cards:

Kohls Pre Approval HP 2

Message 1 of 487
486 REPLIES 486
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

Once I get home from working the track. I'll go find the recent approvals and start the tally once I'm on my PC. 👍

Message 2 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was approved for Williams Sonoma Visa card with the SC trick. Put three items in my cart. Went to check out, and the offer came up. Was approved about two weeks ago with a credit limit of $5,500. FICO is 732. 4 inq. on my credit report, AAOA is 7 years. Received my card on Tuesday (6/18) and activated the card. I still have not received a HP.

Message 3 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Was approved for Williams Sonoma Visa card with the SC trick. Put three items in my cart. Went to check out, and the offer came up. Was approved about two weeks ago with a credit limit of $5,500. FICO is 732. 4 inq. on my credit report, AAOA is 7 years. Received my card on Tuesday (6/18) and activated the card. I still have not received a HP.

Tx for the DP's!

Message 4 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

So I gathered all the approvals from the old closed thread and recent threads in the approval section and they are now listed in the first post. As before I'll keep it updated as we move along and see if its true that the old SP SCT has come back to life. Stay Tuned!

Message 5 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a preapproval offer from Williams Sonoma (I already have an Overstock card) but I'm too chicken to finish the application. I put something in my shopping cart, entered my checkout/billing info as a guest, and saw the "you're pre-approved" offer. Honestly, I'd rather wait a few months as I just got approved for a Navy Fed card. But this is a card that I wouldn't mind having. I'll be following this thread!

Message 6 of 487
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Well I decided to try it. I was approved for $1000 for William Sonoma. I didn't think it would be HP, but it was I just got the notification from Equifax, 12 HP inquiries last 2 years(double pull from Amex for Amazon Business Prime account). Equifax FICO 735. I also had a chapter 7 bakruptcy discharged in 2012.

Guyatthebeach

Message 7 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Well I decided to try it. I was approved for $1000 for William Sonoma. I didn't think it would be HP, but it was I just got the notification from Equifax, 12 HP inquiries last 2 years(double pull from Amex for Amazon Business Prime account). Equifax FICO 735. I also had a chapter 7 bakruptcy discharged in 2012.

Guyatthebeach

Sorry for the HP. Thanks for the DP's. Congrats either way.

Message 8 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another for the Ikea Projekt card. $5,500 approval with preapproval link. No HP so far. I will update with an edit to this post if anything changes.

Sadly, they did do a HP from EX. In my case that's fine. Most everyone has been pulling from EQ or TU lately for everything else.

Message 9 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Another for the Ikea Projekt card. $5,500 approval with preapproval link. No HP so far. I will update with an edit to this post if anything changes.

Thanks. Yes please let us know and congrats!

Message 10 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.