cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity Shopping Cart Trick


@Dilbert934 wrote:

@LauraC wrote:

NOTE: if you don't want a low limit add about $290.00 worth of stuff, that way you might not get a pop-up for a $250.00 cl....that's not a fact but that's just my thinking with experimenting.  


I added a $100 item and wound up with $5k Overstock SL.


@Dilbert934, SP or HP please. Tx.





My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 71 of 147
New Contributor

Re: Comenity Shopping Cart Trick


@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Dilbert934 wrote:

@LauraC wrote:

NOTE: if you don't want a low limit add about $290.00 worth of stuff, that way you might not get a pop-up for a $250.00 cl....that's not a fact but that's just my thinking with experimenting.  


I added a $100 item and wound up with $5k Overstock SL.


@Dilbert934, SP or HP please. Tx.


No HP alert on any bureau yet....

Message 72 of 147
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity Shopping Cart Trick


@Dilbert934 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Dilbert934 wrote:

@LauraC wrote:

NOTE: if you don't want a low limit add about $290.00 worth of stuff, that way you might not get a pop-up for a $250.00 cl....that's not a fact but that's just my thinking with experimenting.  


I added a $100 item and wound up with $5k Overstock SL.


@Dilbert934, SP or HP please. Tx.


No HP alert on any bureau yet....


Thanks. Your SP approval has been added. Congrats!





My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 73 of 147
Valued Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.


@FireMedic1 

You can add another HP for Williams Sonoma Visa (pop-up).

Not an instant approval...got the message stating letter will be sent.  This morning- approval after verification. (12 days later). 

DH's equifax pulled-instant alert, scores 760's across.


"My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home"
Synovus75k/CapOne11k/Disco9k/GoodSamsVS5k/Synch45.6k/CitiBank11k/Amex19k
Inquiries: tu(6), eq(4) and exp(8)(most fall off by Nov 2021)
Current Scores: EXP714, TU737, EQ735
Message 74 of 147
Senior Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.


@LauraC wrote:

@FireMedic1 

You can add another HP for Williams Sonoma Visa (pop-up).

Not an instant approval...got the message stating letter will be sent.  This morning- approval after verification. (12 days later). 

DH's equifax pulled-instant alert, scores 760's across.


10-4. Sory about the HP, but Congrats on the approval!





My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 75 of 147
Regular Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.


@FireMedic1 wrote:

Since I had the "SP SCT was now a HP" thread that started last year. Everyone was getting a HP from Comenity after the end of Sept/Oct time frame when the SP died out.

Recently there has been some posters claiming they have been approved thru the pop ups and mailers. No HP was performed on their credit reports. So has Comenity gone back to the old days of the SCT with only a SP?

If you were approved for a Comenity store card with a SP only and would like to share your data points. Please list which card you were approved for with a SP via pop up, mailer, or even a cold app. And add a couple DP's like your FICO score too. If you were hit with a HP. Let us know too.

I'll do as I did in the old thread and keep a tally on who's hot and who's not. Keep in mind. Only go for a store card that you'll use most of all. Fire Away! 🔥 Just remember its a YMMV thing until its a steady flow of SP approvals. Apply at your own risk.
First Report of SP SCT May '19 Added results from old SCT HP Thread.
Updated July 15th
Overstock SP 6 HP 3 YMMV

Wayfair 2 HP 1 YMMV

Ikea SP 4 HP1 YMMV

Good Sam Rewards Visa 2 HP1 YMMY

Williams Sonoma SP 2 HP 3 YMMV

Simply Bee 1
VS 1
Childrens Place 2
Venus 2
Ultamate MC 1

VS 1

Brylane Home 1

NY&C 1


J. Crew - Soft Pull

Asked for last four digits of SSN

 

DPs:

Scores Mid 600's

1st card with Comenity

SL: $250

I was approved a couple days ago, but waited until now to make sure there wasn't a HP. There hasn't been.

 

My wife was also approved for Children's Place using the SCT, the next day. (Also asked for last four of SSN.)

DPs:

Scores: N/A (Only has CK scores, we pulled her scores from all 3 CB. None have a score for her. I'm hoping it's because her oldest account was opened at the end of February. Maybe, she will have scores in August or September?)

SL: $500

It was a SP.

 

-Edited to correct typos-


Message 76 of 147
Senior Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.


@rndbroom wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Since I had the "SP SCT was now a HP" thread that started last year. Everyone was getting a HP from Comenity after the end of Sept/Oct time frame when the SP died out.

Recently there has been some posters claiming they have been approved thru the pop ups and mailers. No HP was performed on their credit reports. So has Comenity gone back to the old days of the SCT with only a SP?

If you were approved for a Comenity store card with a SP only and would like to share your data points. Please list which card you were approved for with a SP via pop up, mailer, or even a cold app. And add a couple DP's like your FICO score too. If you were hit with a HP. Let us know too.

I'll do as I did in the old thread and keep a tally on who's hot and who's not. Keep in mind. Only go for a store card that you'll use most of all. Fire Away! 🔥 Just remember its a YMMV thing until its a steady flow of SP approvals. Apply at your own risk.
First Report of SP SCT May '19 Added results from old SCT HP Thread.
Updated July 15th
Overstock SP 6 HP 3 YMMV

Wayfair 2 HP 1 YMMV

Ikea SP 4 HP1 YMMV

Good Sam Rewards Visa 2 HP1 YMMY

Williams Sonoma SP 2 HP 3 YMMV

Simply Bee 1
VS 1
Childrens Place 2
Venus 2
Ultamate MC 1

VS 1

Brylane Home 1

NY&C 1


J. Crew - Soft Pull

Asked for last four digits of SSN

 

DPs:

Scores Mid 600's

1st card with Comenity

SL: $250

I was approved a couple days ago, but waited until now to make sure there wasn't a HP. There hasn't been.

 

My wife was also approved for Children's Place using the SCT, the next day. (Also asked for last four of SSN.)

DPs:

Scores: N/A (Only has CK scores, we pulled her scores from all 3 CB. None have a score for her. I'm hoping it's because her oldest account was opened at the end of February. Maybe, she will have scores in August or September?)

SL: $500

It was a SP.

 

-Edited to correct typos-


Congrats to both of your SP approvals. Your data points have been added. Thanks!





My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 77 of 147
Established Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

The ULTAmate MC has not been popping up for me.

I don't want to cold app for it, unless I know it's an SP.

 

 

Message 78 of 147
Valued Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.


@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

The ULTAmate MC has not been popping up for me.

I don't want to cold app for it, unless I know it's an SP.

 

 


Has the Ultamate pop-up "popped" up for you at all?  Have you tried other Comenity stores and received a pop-up?  


"My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home"
Synovus75k/CapOne11k/Disco9k/GoodSamsVS5k/Synch45.6k/CitiBank11k/Amex19k
Inquiries: tu(6), eq(4) and exp(8)(most fall off by Nov 2021)
Current Scores: EXP714, TU737, EQ735
Message 79 of 147
Established Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

I don't believe it is blocked. But yes, I have had MANY popups from Comenity stores. That's how I got about 15 of these shopping cart trick cards.

 

Although recently, I did notice that the following were hard pulls:

Comenity Wayfair (March 2019)

Comenity Boscov (Feb 2019)

Comenity Venus (Jan 2019)

Comenity Williams Sonoma (Dec. 2018)

Comenity King Sized (Aug. 2018) ((and I'm not king sized!)

Comenity New York and Co (Aug 2018)

Comenity Bryn Lane Home (Aug 2018)

 

Message 80 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.