Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

I don't believe it is blocked. But yes, I have had MANY popups from Comenity stores. That's how I got about 15 of these shopping cart trick cards.

Although recently, I did notice that the following were hard pulls:

Comenity Wayfair (March 2019)

Comenity Boscov (Feb 2019)

Comenity Venus (Jan 2019)

Comenity Williams Sonoma (Dec. 2018)

Comenity King Sized (Aug. 2018) ((and I'm not king sized!)

Comenity New York and Co (Aug 2018)

Comenity Bryn Lane Home (Aug 2018)

You are running the risk of having all those cards shut down. And your killing your scores. 15 SCT accounts is way too many. You dont need to get anymore. Actually no more apps for at least the next year or more. Head on over to the garden and have a cold beer in this summer heat.

Message 81 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

That's how I got about 15 of these shopping cart trick cards.

Are all 15 Comenity cards still open?  That could be the cause.  Could you afford (utl% wise) to close some of them in order to look favorable to Comenity in another year or two?  I would be concerned of AA with that many and still apping.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 82 of 487
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

The problem with that many store cards is if he ever wants a Visa, that mix will be volatile when apping. Visas seem to open the radar for Comenity and they tend to either let be or close, normally no middle groundSmiley Sad
Message 83 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
The problem with that many store cards is if he ever wants a Visa, that mix will be volatile when apping. Visas seem to open the radar for Comenity and they tend to either let be or close, normally no middle groundSmiley Sad

Agreed.....I don't think I would have gotten my first Mastercard (UltamateMC) without having first my HSN store card, showing 6 months of responsible use. So by the time I got my Good Sam VS (9 months later) I closed my HSN acct.  Only having two accts. (one MC and one Visa) I certainly don't want to poke the bear. Although, csr did tell me they have plenty of ppl with many, many cards....wish I had asked % of MC/Visa though.  I'm sure that has to make a huge difference.  Btw, I will not be asking for any cli's.  I promised myself I would sit on my hands and wait for them to determine if I'm worthy enough for any additional funds.

If someone out there in MyFico Land has more than two MC/Visa cards with Comenity I'd love to know...plus DP's of course.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 84 of 487
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I think you are ok. I believe their major cards have specific timelines like every 4 months or something to ask.
Message 85 of 487
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

I don't believe it is blocked. But yes, I have had MANY popups from Comenity stores. That's how I got about 15 of these shopping cart trick cards.

You are running the risk of having all those cards shut down. And your killing your scores. 15 SCT accounts is way too many. You dont need to get anymore. Actually no more apps for at least the next year or more. Head on over to the garden and have a cold beer in this summer heat.

I am not killing my scores. I ADDED a ton of available credit to my overall credit limits, helping my utilization go down, back when it was somewhat high. Now it is at 1%.

All of these cards have pretty low limits, however.

The only thing that hurt me, possibly is my average age of credit went down due to the new opened cards in 2018 and 2019.

I could be risking them being closed, because I don't use any of them, except for the Overstock.com card I used a year ago and carried a small balance on for a laptop.

Message 86 of 487
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

All of the approx. 15 cards are still open. And yes, I could afford to close some of them, since I don't use them. 

The valuable cards to me are: CareCredit (can use for health and beauty aid products at Walmart/Walgreens and plan to get LASEK someday), Overstock.com card (bought a refurbished MacBook Air with good terms), Century 21 (great deals on name brand clothing when in NYC).

The others are just there to add a nice cushion of credit lines to my overall collection. 

@GApeachy wrote:

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

That's how I got about 15 of these shopping cart trick cards.

Are all 15 Comenity cards still open?  That could be the cause.  Could you afford (utl% wise) to close some of them in order to look favorable to Comenity in another year or two?  I would be concerned of AA with that many and still apping.  

Message 87 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

I am not killing my scores. I ADDED a ton of available credit to my overall credit limits, helping my utilization go down, back when it was somewhat high. Now it is at 1%.

The only thing that hurt me, possibly is my average age of credit went down due to the new opened cards in 2018 and 2019.

I could be risking them being closed, because I don't use any of them, except for the Overstock.com card I used a year ago and carried a small balance on for a laptop.

Not to get off topic of my own thread. I only stated some DP's from past users experiences of AA. Getting a card or 2 to get padding is cool. But 15 and below your said you wanted another. That would be 16 accounts with Comenity. As they said in Top Gun. "Pushing the envelope". But its your choice.

"The ULTAmate MC has not been popping up for me.

I don't want to cold app for it, unless I know it's an SP."

Message 88 of 487
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

@Hockeypnc1, something that has been mentioned before in other Comenity threads, as long as you have BK on your CRs, there will be no pop-ups for any of the other V/MC/D versions.  Even if you threw in a cold app, the same reason would be given.  Just sharing a DP that's been previously shared by others.   And, as mentioned upthread, there's that potential risk (more so with that many Comenity store CCs) where they can shut them down.  I'd tread carefully. 

@FireMedic1 just sharing the BK DP since some folks may not be aware as to why the SCT may not trigger for Comenity majors. 

Message 89 of 487
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

AH yes. I have treaded carefully and have avoided apping anymore store cards.

Message 90 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.