Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
newgirlintown
Valued Member

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

I was just approved yesterday for Express $350 sl and Venus $500 sl. with the sct. I was totally not expecting it. I was on FB and a pair of jeans was advertised from Express. I went to the site, put them in the cart and the next thing you know, "you have been pre-approved." I was shocked since I burned HSC in my ch.7.  Before I accepted, I came to this forum to get a little information which propelled me to try the sct with Venus. So far no HP. Fico Equifax 681, TU 666, Experian 682. As soon as I receive these in the mail, I'm dropping Fingerhut. Tired of their temporary cli's. Ch.7 was dc, 9/18. My other cards are Cap. 1, Discover, Ollo, Credit 1 and some other subprime card with a 1500 sl. Since I can't get any Synchrony cards, I'm done applying/accepting. Time to garden.

Message 101 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Working shopping cart tricks as of Aug 2019?

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

I checked my credit report with Transunion last night.  All three of my cards are reporting as open with no issues so far. I have a Good Sam’s Visa, a Toyota Visa, and a Williams Sonoma Visa.

Guyatthebeach. 

SP's or HP's for GS or WS please.

Message 102 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@newgirlintown wrote:

I was just approved yesterday for Express $350 sl and Venus $500 sl. with the sct. I was totally not expecting it. I was on FB and a pair of jeans was advertised from Express. I went to the site, put them in the cart and the next thing you know, "you have been pre-approved." I was shocked since I burned HSC in my ch.7.  Before I accepted, I came to this forum to get a little information which propelled me to try the sct with Venus. So far no HP. Fico Equifax 681, TU 666, Experian 682. As soon as I receive these in the mail, I'm dropping Fingerhut. Tired of their temporary cli's. Ch.7 was dc, 9/18. My other cards are Cap. 1, Discover, Ollo, Credit 1 and some other subprime card with a 1500 sl. Since I can't get any Synchrony cards, I'm done applying/accepting. Time to garden.

Thanks for the data points.Your results have been added.  And congrats too! Good idea to chill out in the garden in this summer heat!

Message 103 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 

DH was approved for Sportsman's Guide Visa  4 days ago, SP, sl 3k. (credit reports locked)  Scores in the 760's but cc scores are low 700's. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 104 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@FireMedic1 

DH was approved for Sportsman's Guide Visa  4 days ago, SP, sl 3k. (credit reports locked)  Scores in the 760's but cc scores are low 700's. 

Thanks @GApeachy ! Congrats on DH's approval and a SP too! Consider it added.

Message 105 of 487
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

All were HP’s.

Guyatthebeach
Message 106 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:
All were HP’s.

Guyatthebeach

Awe man. Sorry that happened. But I hope you enjoy the approvals you got. Its so back and forth. Still cant figure out what triggers the SP or HP yet. Its wishy washy still. Thanks for the DP's Guy!

Message 107 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As it stands now as of Aug 7th. Two more HP's and 2 more SP's. There's still no set pattern yet to say what kicks in the SP from the HP. So it's best to say it's a YMMV for approvals. Enter at your own risk. Smiley Indifferent

Updated Aug 7th
Overstock SP 6 HP 3 YMMV

Wayfair 2 HP 1  YMMV

Ikea SP 4 HP1 YMMV

Good Sam Rewards Visa 2 HP 2 YMMY New HP 8/7

Williams Sonoma SP 2 HP 4 YMMV New HP 8/7

Simply Bee SP 1
VS SP 3 1 new 8/9
Childrens Place SP 3
Venus SP 3
Ultamate MC SP 1

Brylane Home SP 1

NY&C SP 1

J Crew SP 1

Express SP 1 New 8/7

Sportsman Guide SP 1 New 8/7

Message 108 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1   or anyone who would like to chime in please:

I have a question:  Comenity wants DH's verification which includes a bank stmt. and/or power bill.  I don't get paper power bills but I'm not completely comfortable sending a bank stmt.,  at least with all our acct. numbers and ppl we pay.  So what would you do?  Send stmt. but mark out acct. numbers and $ we pay or send it as is?  OR not send stmt. but maybe another bill like Ins. or Directv/AT&T?  They also want a copy of SS card and Drivers license front and back.  I have no problem sending in info. to verify but I don't know who is getting those acct. numbers, even though partial #'s it seems like a little too much info or something, idk.  Is it alright to send all that info. and trust it's in good hands?

(Edit to add:  ) we do get power bills but they are online and he said that's no good. just to clarify

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 109 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@FireMedic1   or anyone who would like to chime in please:

I have a question:  Comenity wants DH's verification which includes a bank stmt. and/or power bill.  I don't get paper power bills but I'm not completely comfortable sending a bank stmt.,  at least with all our acct. numbers and ppl we pay.  So what would you do?  Send stmt. but mark out acct. numbers and $ we pay or send it as is?  OR not send stmt. but maybe another bill like Ins. or Directv/AT&T?  They also want a copy of SS card and Drivers license front and back.  I have no problem sending in info. to verify but I don't know who is getting those acct. numbers, even though partial #'s it seems like a little too much info or something, idk.  Is it alright to send all that info. and trust it's in good hands?

(Edit to add:  ) we do get power bills but they are online and he said that's no good. just to clarify

Should be a PDF version of your power bill online to print out. Look for view bill. Or past billing and payment history.

Message 110 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.