cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Working shopping cart tricks as of Aug 2019?

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Should be a PDF version of your power bill online to print out. Look for view bill.

So it makes me wonder why are they asking?  Is it because of two cards too close together? 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 111 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

Good Evening All,
I have been a longtime lurker who has improved my credit tremendously with the help of this community, so first I would like to say thank you! Hopefully, I will have sometime to share more of my experiences in the near future. Second, I wanted to let everyone know that I have been approved via the shopping card trick for an Avenue credit card. I waited 3 weeks and there is no inquiry on my credit report . I filled my cart with $450 worth of clothes and was prompted with a pre-approval while checking out. I think that they requested the last 4 of my ssn. I was also prompted with a pre-approval for the Ulta Mastercard but chickened out.
Message 112 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Good Evening All,
I have been a longtime lurker who has improved my credit tremendously with the help of this community, so first I would like to say thank you! Hopefully, I will have sometime to share more of my experiences in the near future. Second, I wanted to let everyone know that I have been approved via the shopping card trick for an Avenue credit card. I waited 3 weeks and there is no inquiry on my credit report . I filled my cart with $450 worth of clothes and was prompted with a pre-approval while checking out. I think that they requested the last 4 of my ssn. I was also prompted with a pre-approval for the Ulta Mastercard but chickened out.

Nice. Thanks for the data points!!!!!!!!!!

Message 113 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just approved via pop up for Victoria's Secret $250 limit. So far it looks like a soft pull. One of the few store cards I regretted losing before, so I am glad to get my foot back in the door, even at the toy limit.
Message 114 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. I'll add it. But let me know if it changes. Hope not though. Smiley Very Happy

Message 115 of 487
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for West Elm two days ago via the SCT for $2500. No inquiry as of yet on any report.

Kind of surprised I got that much via SCT. I remember doing it years ago and getting small CL's. Maybe the SL for West Elm is higher in general though?

Message 116 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

I was approved for West Elm two days ago via the SCT for $2500. No inquiry as of yet on any report.

Kind of surprised I got that much via SCT. I remember doing it years ago and getting small CL's. Maybe the SL for West Elm is higher in general though?

Congrats. Thanks for the input and I'll add the DP to the thread. Enjoy!

Message 117 of 487
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Rebuild2019got the OS card with a SP. Congrats!

Message 118 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a twist...I put about $500 in my VS shopping cart and was SCT preapproved for $1,000.  However, my bureaus are frozen.  I went through the process of providing what they required (last 4 of SSN, DOB, Income) and at the end got the 7 to 10 day notice.  I received a letter in the mail saying I would need to unfreeze my credit reports and contact them to continue.  It's not worth the inquiry to me, so I round filed the letter.

I wasn't aware that freezing your credit reports also froze SPs.  I am now!

They have approved me for love button CLIs [START EDIT] on my other Comenity cards [END EDIT]while frozen so they are receiving account maintenance reports 

Message 119 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

West Elm pulled Equifax.

Message 120 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.