aaaaaaand yet another pointless thread that should be tossed in smorgasboard

Not pointless, just goofy.

Message 11 of 15
Focused10
Established Contributor

Re: The adrenaline rush of apping

Just go to bed!

;;;
BCE: $2K | Amazon: $5K | BBVAmex: $7.5K | AAdvntge: $8.5K | AMEX: $30K | Frdm: $10K | Citi: $6.2K | FNB: $10K | NASA: $25K | CapOne QS: $10K | Chase Marriott: $12K ~ Garden 3.2.16
Message 12 of 15
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@ShermanOaks wrote:

It's late, you get in bed w/ your iPad, stroll around the forum and you read about the latest greatest credit card. 

You fight the urge to app by checking Facebook. It's eating at you. 

You google the card to see what other people say about avg credit limits etc. 

Then you decide to app for it - trying to play cool like you couldn't care less about an instant approval. 

Form is now complete. You hit submit. The browser wheel has been turning for all of 20 seconds but it feels like an eternity.

You notice your heart is pounding, racing actually, and you wonder because you 'don't care' about this card. 

Boom.

Approved! 

Crap! Now how am I supposed to go to sleep now?

Awww, what the hell, might as well go for another...

(Repeat)

Me in a nutshell all the time though I really should be gardening for a while. In a month, I'm going for the Citi DC and the month after that, a backdated BCE. I'm still not quite done yet. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 13 of 15
ShermanOaks
Established Member

@EvilR-T wrote:

aaaaaaand I bet EvilR-T is really fun at parties Smiley Very Happy

American Express: PR Gold, Platinum (AU), Starwood Preferred (38K), SPG Business (75K)
Chase:CSP (38.5K) United Visa AU (35K)
Citi: Costco (35K)

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShermanOaks wrote:

@EvilR-T wrote:

aaaaaaand I bet EvilR-T is really fun at parties Smiley Very Happy

Better bring a scooper.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.