Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The itch wont stop.. but it must.. what now? Advice

tag
Arcreactors
Valued Member

Re: The itch wont stop.. but it must.. what now? Advice

Should I cancel out a card such as US Bank or the simplicity before it goes to my report to minimize chances of AA? Seems US bank is tough to crack and ive slipped in. Maybe just keep things how they are and let the pieces fall and see where it all ends up in a couple months. I'll update the post once more information known. If no AA for all of this at once then I should be in good shape moving forward. I got some cards I really wanted that can grow and my overall utilization is way down. Which despite the inquiries and new accounts my score should offset / bounce back in 6-12 months.

Credit Cards

Store Cards

Last App: May 9, 2022 | Last HP: May 9, 2022 | Gardening since: May 9, 2022 | Last updated: May 15, 2022
Message 11 of 17
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Other best advice I can give you is listen to what the folks are telling you.

Message 12 of 17
Hex
Valued Contributor

Closing the new cards won't help you because they're going to report as new accounts regardless of whether you close them or not. Plus they are really good cards.  You just need the limits to increase and they should as your profile improves. Just don't do anything else that might draw attention to yourself and hope for the best. If you keep everything then eventually they will help strengthen your profile. 

Message 13 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Arcreactors wrote:

Should I cancel out a card such as US Bank or the simplicity before it goes to my report to minimize chances of AA? Seems US bank is tough to crack and ive slipped in. Maybe just keep things how they are and let the pieces fall and see where it all ends up in a couple months. I'll update the post once more information known. If no AA for all of this at once then I should be in good shape moving forward. I got some cards I really wanted that can grow and my overall utilization is way down. Which despite the inquiries and new accounts my score should offset / bounce back in 6-12 months.

I doubt that closing them would reduce the chance of adverse action. If it happens, it happens. Just relax and enjoy the cards.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 14 of 17
Danmae777
Regular Contributor

Congratulations, now time to AZEO and let your profile age. 

starting fico 8 score 04/2021-EX-618
current fico 8 score 04/2022 -EX 657
Message 15 of 17
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Arcreactors I was going to give you some advice, but I read the posts that are before mine and they are all excellent posts of advice. You follow that collective advice and you will be just fine Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 16 of 17
Arcreactors
Valued Member

@Wavester64 Thanks! I'll post an update for data points and any AA as things start to hit. 

Credit Cards

Store Cards

Last App: May 9, 2022 | Last HP: May 9, 2022 | Gardening since: May 9, 2022 | Last updated: May 15, 2022
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.