Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about applying for for Penfed Gold or Platinum

tag
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Thinking about applying for for Penfed Gold or Platinum

Hello all, I did app for the platinum back in December and was deniedd due to a lack of an installment loan so I got an installment loan & Financed a car through Penfed and got a good rate. My utilization was high too. My Fico Eq. stands at 650. I have a total of 4 hard pulls 3 (Eq) and 1(TU) and 0 (Ex) I probably should have applied during the first 90 days but didn't. My Utilization stands at 70%

What do you all think. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thinking about applying for for Penfed Gold or Platinum

PenFed normally wants a 680+ FICO 9 for credit card approvals and that was before the uncertainty with coronavirus. I wouldn't say your chances are great. 

Message 2 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

One would think you would have better odds if you dress up your utilization. Optimized would be aggregate 9% or under and individual 29% or under for reported utilization.
Message 3 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Penfed does not like to see debt.

Message 4 of 7
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

I agree with others.  I think your utilization might be too high.

Message 5 of 7
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Ok I can wait, I was just thinking they just financed my car and I should strike while the fire is hot. 

Message 6 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

Ok I can wait, I was just thinking they just financed my car and I should strike while the fire is hot. 

Your utilization is on the high end, which likely contributes to your FICO score being on the low end.    Your odds won't be good unless/until you pay down some of that debt. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.