Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about taking another crack at the Custom Cash

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Thinking about taking another crack at the Custom Cash

I app'd for the Custom Cash in June, at which I was 2/3, 2/6, and 4/12 for new accounts. We had just bought a new car, so I tried to slip in there before it reported, but I was denied. Fast forward to now, I just approved for a $32,500 Affinity Cash Rewards card, but it hasn't reported yet. Im thinking of trying again before it does. I'm currently 0/3, 0/6, and 2/12 with the Affinity card reporting, but I do have a fresh INQ from 8 days ago. I've seen the 0/5 day INQ rule, so I should be past that. 

What I'm wondering based on DPs, what is Citi going to frown on the most? If it is new accounts within 6 mos, I look pretty good right now. If it recent INQs are most important, then I don't look so good became I have the EX INQ in June from Citi and another last week from Affinity. 

Would going again be a dumb move? 😂

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Thinking about taking another crack at the Custom Cash

Keep in mind that these "rules" are only soft guidances. No one really knows what the algorithms will really do until you submit the app. But, since it's been roughly ~4 months since your last attempt, there seems to be some good distance and improvements on the inquiries front.  What was the reason the cited in June?

Message 2 of 8
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Keep in mind that these "rules" are only soft guidances. No one really knows what the algorithms will really do until you submit the app. But, since it's been roughly ~4 months since your last attempt, there seems to be some good distance and improvements on the inquiries front.  What was the reason the cited in June?

Too many recently opened accounts (2/6, 4/12) 

Too many accounts with balances (6 of 11 reporting) 

Too few revolving bank accounts (11 CC accounts - this one makes no sense) 

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 3 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@JNA1,

I was denied when the Custom Cash came out, burned another HP (Plenty available per @Gmood1 Smiley LOL)

"too many new accts. and inquiries"

So I am going to take the PC route, that @CreditCuriosity so plainly explained (can't PC directly from a DC to CC.)

I really do not need (2) Double Cash cards anymore.

Also won't have to worry about getting stuck with a low SL!

Have less than 50 days left, then I can PC AA MileUp to CC.

(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)

Sorry for anything OT

Message 4 of 8
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@JNA1,

I was denied when the Custom Cash came out, burned another HP (Plenty available per @Gmood1 Smiley LOL)

"too many new accts. and inquiries"

So I am going to take the PC route, that @CreditCuriosity so plainly explained (can't PC directly from a DC to CC.)

I really do not need (2) Double Cash cards anymore.

Also won't have to worry about getting stuck with a low SL!

Have less than 50 days left, then I can PC AA MileUp to CC.

(click image to enlarge)(click image to enlarge)

Sorry for anything OT

That's awesome! You get to get the card you want without burning the HP and a new account hit. 

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 5 of 8
JNA1
Valued Contributor

So I guess @FinStar can come kill this thang, because I woke up feeling lucky! 😂😂

Custom Cash Approved for $6800 @ 16.99% ! 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Citi-Custom-Cash-Approved-6800-16-99/m-p/6423...

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 6 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@JNA1, Yes, good point! .. The only thing I'll miss is the SUBSmiley Sad

Message 7 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Locked due to approval thread created land inked above.  Congrats.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.