Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Applying for Chase Sapphire Preferred

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Thoughts on Applying for Chase Sapphire Preferred

@Roy-Batty-6 wrote:

There's no other derogs on my credit files; just the missed payments for when I was unexpectedly out of work and fell behind. I do have a personal loan that I was only able to make the minimum payments on (always on time) the last 18 months, but recently I've been doing 3X payments (courtesy of a new job with 3X income).

I'll let you know what happens.

Missed payments are derogs. While they are less severe than charge off/collections, they have similar effect..

I remember your other Chase story, and I think you need to put more time between negatives on your CR and application, but also give Chase a bit more breathing room.

They already expressed reluctance to extend more credit, so patience might be a better choice for now. 

Message 11 of 17
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Roy-Batty-6 wrote:

I went to a branch last week to open my business account, asked if Chase would run a pre-qual, and was told Chase doesn't do that. In fact, he'd have to do a hard pull for the CSP as well as Chase Ink Business (as one can avoid the monthly fee if you spend over $2000/month on the Ink card); so TWO HARD PULLS. I declined because I know in a few days my scores will update to over 750 on all three bureaus (so "excellent" credit). I still want to see if I can breach 760, before going for the CSP so the hit doesn't drop me below 750.

It's my understanding they don't run pre-quals but they either see you have pre-approved offers or you do not. It is not the same as checking pre-qualified offers from Chase's prequalifed page.

Message 12 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

Have you check the Chase prequal site to see what shows up. That's a pretty good indicator as long as you are under 5/24.

https://www.chase.com/prequalified

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, if I walked into a branch to open a business account, and they gave me an Ink card with the account but refused to give me a CSP, i'd take my business someplace else. 

You're establishing a business relationship with a bank(er) and if they want your business they should give you what you want. If not, go someplace that will (Wells Fargo maybe lol). 

Message 14 of 17
Roy-Batty-6
Valued Member

My AAoA is 3.5. It's been 25 months since my last late. I pulled the trigger last night after my TU and EQ updates to 750/755, and was approved.

$8,800 CL!!!

I'm wondering I can ask Chase for a CLI on my FU, since they just pulled my score.

Starting Score: 447 - 5/2019, FICO 9 by Wells Fargo
Current Score: 732 - 1/2022, FICO 9 by Wells Fargo
Goal Score:770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

4/2022
Message 15 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Roy-Batty-6 wrote:

My AAoA is 3.5. It's been 25 months since my last late. I pulled the trigger last night after my TU and EQ updates to 750/755, and was approved.

$8,800 CL!!!

I'm wondering I can ask Chase for a CLI on my FU, since they just pulled my score.

If you do, it'll be another HP as Chase doesn't repurpose their pulls - just FYI

Message 16 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As the OP has indicated they've been approved, this thread is now locked to new messages.

OP - Feel free to start a new thread in the Approvals section if you would like to do so.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.