Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To garden or not to garden

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To garden or not to garden

First off, this place is awesome!

Secondly, I'm on the fence about heading to the garden now or after one more card. When I app 'd for my car loan with PenFed, I snagged a card they said I was pre-approved for at that time. It's not a rewards card but the interest rate is low so I like that about it. I just got approved for the Southwest Rapid Rewards card so I'm pleased about that.

I'm considering apping for the Chase Freedom since the pre-qual shows me a lower interest rate than my Cap1 QS. The 15 billing cycles with no interest is also a lovely option. That's the only other card I'm looking at to get before I let my scores recover.

Suggestions?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To garden or not to garden

If the card makes sense for your portfolio and spending, there's no reason not to app. Assuming, of course, you're not up against the 5/24 rule.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hadn't applied for anything for the last five years lol I got two cards during June. The Freedom would be the last card I apply for for a loooooooooooong while. Hopefully I won't have to wait 5 days for an approval!
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

As @Captool stated, if you haven't had five new accounts in the last twenty-four months then defiantely go for it.  Chase pre-equals are solid and report back with results should you apply.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you app yet?

(Note: The above is neither a recommendation nor a solicitation of an application of the credit card being discussed herein. An application should only be made after thoroughly reviewing the material, both benefits and terms of service, provided by the credit card issuing entity. You should read the provided material carefully in order to understand fully all of the implications and risks of the offering of the credit card to which it relates. The achievement of any or all goals is not guaranteed. There is no assurance that the value or benefits of the credit card will be sufficient to justify the application for same. It is just a question.)

Message 5 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Curious @captool, why the legal speak? Can you not ask a question like the one you pose here without getting in trouble? Please dont take this question wrong , its just im truely interested, thanks
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I app'd.  I'm off to the garden after my instant approval!  LOL  Now where's my shovel?!?

Message 7 of 17
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you app yet?

(Note: The above is neither a recommendation nor a solicitation of an application of the credit card being discussed herein. An application should only be made after thoroughly reviewing the material, both benefits and terms of service, provided by the credit card issuing entity. You should read the provided material carefully in order to understand fully all of the implications and risks of the offering of the credit card to which it relates. The achievement of any or all goals is not guaranteed. There is no assurance that the value or benefits of the credit card will be sufficient to justify the application for same. It is just a question.)

That was HYSTERICAL! I read it super-fast-paced like a radio announcer. So funny!

Message 8 of 17
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you app yet?

LOL! Smiley Very Happy

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 9 of 17
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!! I was going to tell you to go ahead and grab it. I started gardening and then had to step out for the Marvel card because I thought I could wait 6 months. I could not. Lol! 

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I app'd.  I'm off to the garden after my instant approval!  LOL  Now where's my shovel?!?

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.