Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Shocker! Chase Bank Wonders

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Total Shocker! Chase Bank Wonders

So I went into Chase Bank to request two direct deposit forms for two different jobs. While he was processing my paperwork I asked about credit products. He then stated, he could check if I have a preapproval... 👀

He looks me right in the eye and says you are preapproved for all of our credit cards. I’m sitting there like what!? 😂

He showed me the screen and said literally all cards had a preapproval for me. He said of course its never 100% guaranteed but they are there. He said they should be showing in my Chase Credit journey or even Chase offers. I showed him that it never shows and he thought that was extremely odd. I thanked him for helping me and explained that I will be back when I am ready to go forward with a CC app.

For some reason I feel my credit scores mid (600s) are not in the bracket for being approved by Chase BUT the amount of direct deposits I have going into my account on a monthly basis could be why I was preapproved for all products? Idk I’m just babbling.
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Total Shocker! Chase Bank Wonders

That's definitely good news as in-branch pre-approved offers typically tend to circumvent the 5/24 restriction the majority of the time. Of course, as with anything, it's YEMV.

So, if there was a particular need for any of the Chase CCs that would fit your lifestyle or goals, it definitely merits some consideration.
Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

$ trumps allSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Surprised Pleasant surprise I'm sure! I would def keep that in mind when you're ready to get one of their cards. I started with the Chase Freedom almost 2 years ago and I absolutely love them! The cash back categories is cool but moreso is the total package of the rewards program. I had no clue about it at the time, I was just applying because it was one of the first advertisements I saw lol! But now I'm very familiar with their program, their 5/24 rule, etc. I recently got the Chase Sapphire Preferred through a preapproval link on my online account and attempted the Freedom Unlimited (for the intro 3% cash back) but was denied immediately. It wasn't because of the 5/24 rule but was denied because I applied right after applying for the Sapphire (probably not very wise but I was anxious lol!). Anyhow, a few days later I got my denial letter ("too many requests for credit") and called them to request they override the denial and they graciously did a manual review of my credit report and approved me! So now I have the 3 card I've wanted! Only one now I'm looking forward to is the Ink Business but that will be after sitting for probably about 6 months to clear out some stuff on my report. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! You should be proud. Keep up the good work!! Chase is a great bank, BTW. I have a love-hate relationship with them, but I place them up there with AMEX. Their products are excellent.
Message 5 of 10
Medic981
Valued Contributor

I am green with envy. Congrats!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 6 of 10
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
Message 7 of 10
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Some people chase Chase. Others will have Chase chase them if there is reason to believe there will be benefit. In your case the chaser is a mega bank that really wants to do business with you. All you have to do now is to tell Chase to fetch your new card.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 8 of 10
CivalV
Established Contributor

Haha! I love your comment. I never thought of it that way.

In regards to the In-branch preapprovals, I thought my scores didn't match for it. But my scores actually updated and I had a 20 point boost out of nowhere. Specifically on TU and EX. I will still wait because I am looking to pay down 2 cards but overall I feel good about my profile!

Which card would give more points for dining out? I’ll also be doing some travels but not enough to offset any annual fees.
Message 9 of 10
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

Some people chase Chase. Others will have Chase chase them if there is reason to believe there will be benefit. In your case the chaser is a mega bank that really wants to do business with you. All you have to do now is to tell Chase to fetch your new card.

Just be aware that those are still computer generated.  It does not say Chase wants your business, but Chase systems sees that you are the type of customer they are open based on existing relationship.

Pre-qualified offers are not certain approval.  But I heard it bypasses the 5/24 auto denials.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.