cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Shocker! Chase Bank Wonders

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Total Shocker! Chase Bank Wonders

So I went into Chase Bank to request two direct deposit forms for two different jobs. While he was processing my paperwork I asked about credit products. He then stated, he could check if I have a preapproval... 👀

He looks me right in the eye and says you are preapproved for all of our credit cards. I’m sitting there like what!? 😂

He showed me the screen and said literally all cards had a preapproval for me. He said of course its never 100% guaranteed but they are there. He said they should be showing in my Chase Credit journey or even Chase offers. I showed him that it never shows and he thought that was extremely odd. I thanked him for helping me and explained that I will be back when I am ready to go forward with a CC app.

For some reason I feel my credit scores mid (600s) are not in the bracket for being approved by Chase BUT the amount of direct deposits I have going into my account on a monthly basis could be why I was preapproved for all products? Idk I’m just babbling.
Sept 18: EQ: 578 TU: 583 EX: 576
March 19’: EQ: 615 TU: 642 EX: 637

June: EQ8: 637 ^26 TU8: 645 ^7 EX8: 642 ^0

Goal by Sept 20’ EQ: 700 TU: 700 EX:700

AA: 7YRS AAOA: 2YR 3MONTHS
Inquiries in 12 months: EQ: 4 TU: 1 EX: 2
New Accounts in the last 8 months: 0

CLOSED: Self Lender 12Month CD: June 20th 19’

Main Short Term Goal: Auto Lease 2020 Jeep MOAB with 700 scores across the board.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Total Shocker! Chase Bank Wonders

That's definitely good news as in-branch pre-approved offers typically tend to circumvent the 5/24 restriction the majority of the time. Of course, as with anything, it's YEMV.

So, if there was a particular need for any of the Chase CCs that would fit your lifestyle or goals, it definitely merits some consideration.
Message 2 of 8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

$ trumps allSmiley Wink
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8

Smiley Surprised Pleasant surprise I'm sure! I would def keep that in mind when you're ready to get one of their cards. I started with the Chase Freedom almost 2 years ago and I absolutely love them! The cash back categories is cool but moreso is the total package of the rewards program. I had no clue about it at the time, I was just applying because it was one of the first advertisements I saw lol! But now I'm very familiar with their program, their 5/24 rule, etc. I recently got the Chase Sapphire Preferred through a preapproval link on my online account and attempted the Freedom Unlimited (for the intro 3% cash back) but was denied immediately. It wasn't because of the 5/24 rule but was denied because I applied right after applying for the Sapphire (probably not very wise but I was anxious lol!). Anyhow, a few days later I got my denial letter ("too many requests for credit") and called them to request they override the denial and they graciously did a manual review of my credit report and approved me! So now I have the 3 card I've wanted! Only one now I'm looking forward to is the Ink Business but that will be after sitting for probably about 6 months to clear out some stuff on my report. Smiley Happy

CSP $9.7K || CFU $3.4K || CF $10.2K || PNC Cash Rewards $4K || Synchrony $16K

SEPT 2019 EX: 733 TU: 735 EQ: 746
GOALS: 800 Club

In the garden until March 2020.
Message 4 of 8
Established Member

Congratulations! You should be proud. Keep up the good work!! Chase is a great bank, BTW. I have a love-hate relationship with them, but I place them up there with AMEX. Their products are excellent.
700s club (again)!! New cards as of 7/19
rose-gold-carddelta-skymiles-goldamex-aspireMsZeUu0neimanmarcus_cardart_flat.pngsaks-card-image0SKQMGF
AMEX PRG - NPSL ; AMEX Delta Gold $11,500; AMEX Hilton Aspire $4,000 (was an existing HH Diamond earned the hard way for many years); DiscoverIT Cashback $9,500; Neiman Marcus card $6,000 starting CL 8/2019; Saks 5th Avenue Store Card $2,250 starting CL 8/2019; Pre-Approved Capital One Auto Navigator at $30,000 top-tier Prime APR

Older existing cards: Capital Secured Platinum $1,302 (never graduated as C1 halted secured upgrades); US Bank secured $300 (never graduated to unsecured, but going to can before the annual fee).
Message 5 of 8
Valued Contributor

I am green with envy. Congrats!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.

Message 6 of 8
New Contributor

Congrats!
Message 7 of 8
Established Contributor

Some people chase Chase. Others will have Chase chase them if there is reason to believe there will be benefit. In your case the chaser is a mega bank that really wants to do business with you. All you have to do now is to tell Chase to fetch your new card.

TU:795 10/08/18 Synchrony--EX: 758 10/26/18 Discover--EQ:810 09/25/18 Citi--Gardening since 10/15/18
Active:
Bank of America (Bankamericard M, Better Balance Rewards M, Cash Rewards VS), Blispay V, Capital One Quicksilver VSC, Chase(AARP VSC, Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom VSC), Citi Dividend M, Citizens GreenSense M, Discover It, FedEx Employee Credit Association V(Pending Close?), FNBO Ducks Unlimited VS, PenFed Platinum Rewards VSC, Synchrony Bank(PayPal Credit, PayPal 2% Cashback M, Walmart M), US Bank Cash+ VS
Wishlist: Barclaycard Uber, Bellco Colorado Rewards, EBates, Marvel, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, UMB Bank Simply Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards, Wells Fargo Propel
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.