cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to figure out what to app for a major purchase.

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Trying to figure out what to app for a major purchase.

Didnt expect to be in the market for an ifruit computer but am trying to figure out what the best way to do this... Im thinking of biting the bullet and applying for Sir Barclay of Apple... Really would like a better option... want a decent 0% period,  Other option is apping for a FU but havent seen any targeted offers and thinki im over 5/24

That 300$ offer they had for some folks was rather tasty...  Trying to get bang for buck.... either rewards or a signing bonus... 

Any suggestions?

Already have Freedom, Blispay, Amazon, CU, Discover...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Trying to figure out what to app for a major purchase.

Hey Jolt, maybe go for the Chase AARP, they have a $200 bonus for $500 spendSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

Avoid Barclays....there are other cards that will stand by you better in the long run.  The AARP card sounds nice with the spend bonus, or even BlisPay will give you 2 % back plus 6 months same as cash.  That spend bonus on the AARP is tempting for me....I see some retail therapy in my future ;-)

FICO 8: TU:831 / EQ:837 / EX:827 as of 12/25/2023
Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, i dont Chase bonuses but that bonus actually is worth it especially for low spenders like myselfSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Maybe AMEX. They're known for generous limits if your file is right. And you'll likely get 0% interest for a year.

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah good suggestion HeavenSmiley Happy. Jolt i forget do you have any Amex? You might pick one and get a really good sl. Once in might open you up to other products and sp ones at thatSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you like to travel then Cap1 VentureOne has a 12 month 0% APR and a 20,000 points bonus when you spend $1,000 in three months. Amex revolvers usually have 0% APR for about a year. is your credit file strong? If so, then I think either of those options might work for you.

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I know his profile is strong, apparently just not enough for Disco eh Jolt? Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Oddly enough no I don't have an Amex.. When i was first building credit on here.. they periodically sent me the coveted points offer for a PRG... forget how high it was but it was a charge card.. So a little leery about that.. ... Kinda was thinking DC or playing a BT shuffle but just a good size signup bonus would do wonders for this...

Speaking of Amex trying to encourage family member to bite the bullet and upgrade his BC to a a BCP... even with the AF because he *does* use it for groceries...

On discover.. I just havent felt the urge for another piece of not enough Exp in my mailbox... really would like to round it out to 18k .. Its still my largest CL

-J

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Barclays just seems like a bit of a bum deal once you've paid off the computer. I mean, how often are you shopping at the Apple store or iTunes that you want 3 points back? 

I'm not much a fan of Amazon, but the Apple Store does have a store with them, and Target sells their products. Guess what Discover's rotating categories next month are? That would end up 10% back when you count the bonus, and 6m zero interest if you can swing it.

See also: the Chase Amazon cards. The Prime card is metal, too, and I can't tell you how much I want one despite it being mostly useless for me.

EDIT: 

"I just havent felt the urge for another piece of not enough Exp in my mailbox..."

I'm assuming that means you already have a Disco... I know that letter well by now.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.