Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to put together an efficient app spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to put together an efficient app spree

So I have been rebuilding since May 2015 approximately and because of baddies and timing, I will have 0 inquiries and 0 baddies and 0 new accounts at the time of app spree. So I want to make an efficient app spree and I want to have a plan going in. I will list the cards I want and hopefully someone might be able to tell me the most efficient way to apply for these:

Blue Cash Prefered
CSP
FREEDOM
CITI DOUBLE CASH
Venture Card
Sallie Mae

I know I am forgetting a couple. If I need to answer any additional questions just let me know! (Hopefully this question makes sense)
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to put together an efficient app spree

Much will depend on what your credit reports and scores look like once the negative trade lines fall off, you may want to update this thread when that occurs to get better advice. For now I can only recommend you put the Chase, Citibank and Barclay apps first as Chase has the 5/24 rule (no more than five accounts in 24 mo's otherwise it is a denial) and Citibank and Barclay have both been known to be inquiry and new account sensitive. American Express and Capital One are not adverse to inquiries nor new accounts.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So once I apply for any of them the inquiry shows up immediately to CB? I appreciate the input
Message 3 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP, may I'd suggest reading threads on approvals and compare similar scores and profiles. I say this because the some of the cards you have listed can be hard to get even for people with decent credit. I just want you to make sure you have good chances. This is assuming you are talking about aping with your current scores. Best of luck.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rm21 sorry I should have clarified. I stay on this forum a good amount of time and are well versed in the qualifications for each card I would only apply if I thought I had a good chance at the time. I was more interested in the way a credit card app spree should be handled to be the most efficient. Pretty much if I had perfect scores or if me and one other person had the same exact credit profile and income, does applying for them in any certain order help with optimizing a successful app spree
Message 5 of 19
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Actually, Capital One is a little inquiry sensitive. Maybe not 5 sensitive, but definitely over 10 sensitive. I told someone this the other day, I think, but a friend of mine was turned down by Capital One last week for too many inquiries on her Experian report - it specificially named that report, and that was the only reason listed. Though I love how it was an e-letter instead of a snail one. Just thought I'd throw that out there. But Amex is definitely not inquiry sensitive. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 6 of 19
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

So, to clarify, all you want is the strategy behind your selected app spree?  You are telling us not to worry what your scores willl look like??  One thing that is hard in not knowing what your current pofolio looks like.  Have you burned any of these lennders in the past?  It is hard to gauge what your odds of approval with these choices youve made without more info.  What is your income level?  What is your AAoA?  Personally, i can not help you myself as i am an expert on destructive behavior. But one thing i have learned is that there are EXCELLENT minds on this forum all you nneed to do is give them more info to work with.  < rant over >

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Definitely get Chase out of the way first. I didn't think the Sallie Mae was still available? Citi would be right behind Chase.
Amex would be third and then Capital one. Double app Chase and Capital one if they have another card you find useful.
The only card listed that's not pulling EX is the Barclay's. Barclay's should come after Chase and before Capital One. Since Cap one pulls all three CBs.

You could hit Barclay's first. Just app Chase before the account reports . Barclay's reports extremely fast. It will hit the CBs before you receive the card in some cases.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can let go of that sallie mae idea. And you can just apply in the order you have them listed. Seems fine
Message 9 of 19
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I have been rebuilding since May 2015 approximately and because of baddies and timing, I will have 0 inquiries and 0 baddies and 0 new accounts at the time of app spree. So I want to make an efficient app spree and I want to have a plan going in. I will list the cards I want and hopefully someone might be able to tell me the most efficient way to apply for these:

Blue Cash Prefered
CSP
FREEDOM
CITI DOUBLE CASH
Venture Card
Sallie Mae

I know I am forgetting a couple. If I need to answer any additional questions just let me know! (Hopefully this question makes sense)

Did I miss something with the Sallie Mae card? I thought that was a discontinued product?

If you wanted both BCP and Freedom, can any of the experts here say whether it would be possible to do both of those with one pull? You might also check which bureau's each bank tends to pull, to try and spread out the pain...I mean the HP and hit to your FICO. Also, what is your current AAoA? I wouldn't want to tank a low AAoA with a bunch of new accounts. It might be best to pick and choose which product makes the most sense and not go for them all.

Okay, all that said - I app'd for BCP, CSP, Citi DC (was actually PC, not cold app), and Sallie Mae last year and got them all. I passed on Freedom (not sure how I would use it) and Venture (again, not sure of the benefits and how I would avail myself of them when I also applied for an Arrival+ card last year as well). So yeah, OP, I get where you're coming from. Smiley Very Happy

Edited to add: I basically went nuts applying last year and have been planted firmly in the garden since then. I don't want to spook anyone, and nothing has come along that was tempting enough to lure me out of the garden...yet!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.