Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to put together an efficient app spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to put together an efficient app spree

@Anonymous wrote:
So I have been rebuilding since May 2015 approximately and because of baddies and timing, I will have 0 inquiries and 0 baddies and 0 new accounts at the time of app spree. So I want to make an efficient app spree and I want to have a plan going in. I will list the cards I want and hopefully someone might be able to tell me the most efficient way to apply for these:

Blue Cash Prefered
CSP
FREEDOM
CITI DOUBLE CASH
Venture Card
Sallie Mae

I know I am forgetting a couple. If I need to answer any additional questions just let me know! (Hopefully this question makes sense)

I haven't heard that Barclay's brought the Sallie Mae card back for new applications... did this happen and I am just oblivious?

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't heard anything like that about Sallie mae, what happened? And mean machine I just wanted to know about if the order of applying for these cards made a difference because of things like Barclays being inq sensitive, Chase being account sensitive, and someone else may frown upon recent apps, and CITI is conservative with SL so would applying for them first make any difference (everything elsebeing the same) and other reasons I cacan't think of but I'm sure people here have knowledge of. Based on everything here I can safely apply for cards that I know with a fair amount of certainly that I will get approved for just by reading these forums but this was asking about something I haven't quite been able to gauge. I appreciate your feedback, I didn't know hardly anything when I first started here and still have so much to learn
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wanderingbuilder I hadn't heard that I couldn't apply for them anymore lol I don't know where I have been
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous I hadn't heard that I couldn't apply for them anymore lol I don't know where I have been

Yeah I kept telling my mom to apply for it last year before they pulled the plug... now she wishes she hadn't been so lazy.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything come close to taking its place? I wish I would of known it was gone but I probably need to trim this list anyways as I do have a low AAOA and I completely overlooked that part of it, but hey, I'm human afterall
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing yet. 

I already started working on backups for the inevitable day when they completely remove it... the best I could figure you either have to sacrifice cashback and still get 2 cards, or have to spread it to 3 cards. For me, this will end up meaning Amazon Prime store card, PenFed gas card, and probably Amex BCP though I am not sure that my grocery spend is enough to offset the $95 annual fee on that one.

Message 16 of 19
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I have been rebuilding since May 2015 approximately and because of baddies and timing, I will have 0 inquiries and 0 baddies and 0 new accounts at the time of app spree. So I want to make an efficient app spree and I want to have a plan going in. I will list the cards I want and hopefully someone might be able to tell me the most efficient way to apply for these:

Blue Cash Prefered
CSP
FREEDOM
CITI DOUBLE CASH
Venture Card
Sallie Mae

I know I am forgetting a couple. If I need to answer any additional questions just let me know! (Hopefully this question makes sense)

The Chase cards (CSP and Freedom) likely want to be first, perhaps on the same day.

Are there two Amex cards you like? Depending on your spending the BCE may be more efficient. (while it earns less, BCE has no annual fee)  I haven't looked for a link for the "Old Blue Cash" card in a while...  but if you could find one, that would be promising. Perhaps SPG?

The Sams MC is useful for its 5% on gasoline and 3% on travel rewards. Costco is switching to Citi Visa as of 6/20.

The Sallie Mae card is discontinued, but perhaps you meant the UPromise card? 

I would save Capital One for last because they are less sensitive to inquiries and new accounts, and because Capital One will typically pull all three major bureaus.

If you're talking about efficiency, applying for two cards from the same issuer, if reported the same way, is efficient per HP. Synchrony and Comenity tend not to do this, so even though it's the same bank, the inquiry will be transmitted to the bureau in a manner that identifies each individual request. (e.g SYNC/GAP, SYNC/ON, SYNC/BR)

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Blue Cash Prefered
CSP
FREEDOM
CITI DOUBLE CASH
Venture Card
Sallie Mae

The Chase cards (CSP and Freedom) likely want to be first, perhaps on the same day.

Are there two Amex cards you like? Depending on your spending the BCE may be more efficient. (while it earns less, BCE has no annual fee)  I haven't looked for a link for the "Old Blue Cash" card in a while...  but if you could find one, that would be promising. Perhaps SPG?

The Sams MC is useful for its 5% on gasoline and 3% on travel rewards. Costco is switching to Citi Visa as of 6/20.

The Sallie Mae card is discontinued, but perhaps you meant the UPromise card? 

I would save Capital One for last because they are less sensitive to inquiries and new accounts, and because Capital One will typically pull all three major bureaus.

If you're talking about efficiency, applying for two cards from the same issuer, if reported the same way, is efficient per HP. Synchrony and Comenity tend not to do this, so even though it's the same bank, the inquiry will be transmitted to the bureau in a manner that identifies each individual request. (e.g SYNC/GAP, SYNC/ON, SYNC/BR)

Original AMEX Blue Cash is still on their "view all personal cards" page, this is the direct link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/blue-cash/25330

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I wanted two of those Chase cards I would walk into a branch and do it. you probably can get around the online freeze they give to multiple apps.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.