Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Cash+ application question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

U.S. Bank Cash+ application question

I was applying for the card since I already had a decent checking with U.S. Bank and was instantly approved. 

It show me the approval notification with credit limit 7k and APR rate. I was thinking that all good but then I receive an email from U.S. Bank stating that "Your application may be subject to further verification."

So did I get approval or not? This is so confusing. First time applying a U.S. Bank credit card so I may not know how they operate. Any advices is appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Cash+ application question

I think that email is sent as soon as you hit submit. 

Then again, US Bank is known for manually reviewing applications. If you are already an account holder (as stated) it's unlikely they will request anything from you.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will that mean I had a high chance of approval?

Weird thing is afterward I went to check the status online and nothing show up. Not sure if that mean the application was done or it just not up yet to check

Message 3 of 9
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Will that mean I had a high chance of approval?

Weird thing is afterward I went to check the status online and nothing show up. Not sure if that mean the application was done or it just not up yet to check

I would imagine that unless you grossly misstated your income (and work for a company that shares employee data with a company like sagestream) if the automated system approved you, you got the card.

US Bank doesn't seem to deny often after automated approval, but does approve after 7-10 day message (from statistics I've read).

I want to say online banking took 3 day's before DW's account was listed for viewing. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I was applying for the card since I already had a decent checking with U.S. Bank and was instantly approved. 

It show me the approval notification with credit limit 7k and APR rate. I was thinking that all good but then I receive an email from U.S. Bank stating that "Your application may be subject to further verification."

So did I get approval or not? This is so confusing. First time applying a U.S. Bank credit card so I may not know how they operate. Any advices is appreciated.

This is pretty standard [language] with USB online applications @Anonymous.   I wouldn't worry about it and activate your card upon receipt.  If USB requires any additional information to verify your identity, they'll let you know.

Message 5 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck and us know what happens

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Good luck and us know what happens

Will do. I have high hope that they will approve, had their checking for about 2 years now

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

This is pretty standard [language] with USB online applications @Anonymous.   I wouldn't worry about it and activate your card upon receipt.  If USB requires any additional information to verify your identity, they'll let you know.

So I just called 800-947-1444 and press 1 to check the status and it said "Congratulation, you has been approved". Probably all good now right? Reason I asked is because I also received an email say "We’re in the process of reviewing your application and will notify you as soon as it’s complete"

Lol U.S. Bank just make me so confuse. I wonder if this is normal.

Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

So I just called 800-947-1444 and press 1 to check the status and it said "Congratulation, you has been approved". Probably all good now right? Reason I asked is because I also received an email say "We’re in the process of reviewing your application and will notify you as soon as it’s complete"

Lol U.S. Bank just make me so confuse. I wonder if this is normal.

Yes, you're good to go.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.