Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Kroger Application In Final Stages of Processing

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

U.S. Bank Kroger Application In Final Stages of Processing

I just talked to this woman on the phone who said that the application is still going through final processing and something about verification too and she told me that everything looks good credit wise. I'm pretty surprised there considering I had those inquiries from getting in with Penfed and DCU, two Comentiy pulls, and that Chase inquiry as well. Just wanted to know if that's a good thing or not that they told me this. I'm cautiously optimistic that this could be my way in with them and also because I live near a Kroger in my area too.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: U.S. Bank Kroger Application In Final Stages of Processing

Keep us updated. Good luck.

Message 2 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Goodluck!  They approved me for one a few months ago.  They pull TU in my area.  Will this be your first card with them?

Message 3 of 16
uswala
Senior Contributor

Good luck!

Message 4 of 16
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Goodluck!  They approved me for one a few months ago.  They pull TU in my area.  Will this be your first card with them?

They pulled EQ since I live in GA but if I get approved, yeah it will. I just hope that woman I talked to on the phone is right about my credit checking out and everything. I also opened up a checking account with them after applying for the card. I'm amazed it's taken them this long to come close to making a decision on my app. I really thought the recent inquiries and newer accounts were gonna kill me here. I just hope they don't pull a Wells Fargo on me.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 16
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Okay I called them again right now and apparently the person I spoke to said that the application is approved but still going through the final stages of processing and that I should call back again later. When I asked her what the limit of the card might be, she said something like 5200 and that's what they were recommending even though that's not final or anything. I really hope that's true. I don't want another Wells Fargo situation on my hands. I'm also surprised at how big she said the limit was gonna be. I was expecting something like 500-1000 but I guess having that Visa Siggy card from Chase in my report really helped here.

I'd be over the moon if this card ends up being my highest limit because I was really not expecting that and was kind of in shock at what she told me. It would make US Bank a lot more generous then I thought they were going to be at all. I wonder if this card is also PCable to anything else US Bank has to offer so I won't have to apply for anything else from them in the future. 

Message 6 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Okay I called them again right now and apparently the person I spoke to said that the application is approved but still going through the final stages of processing and that I should call back again later. When I asked her what the limit of the card might be, she said something like 5200 and that's what they were recommending even though that's not final or anything. I really hope that's true. I don't want another Wells Fargo situation on my hands. I'm also surprised at how big she said the limit was gonna be. I was expecting something like 500-1000 but I guess having that Visa Siggy card from Chase in my report really helped here.

I'd be over the moon if this card ends up being my highest limit because I was really not expecting that and was kind of in shock at what she told me. It would make US Bank a lot more generous then I thought they were going to be at all. I wonder if this card is also PCable to anything else US Bank has to offer so I won't have to apply for anything else from them in the future. 

congrats on the approvalSmiley LOL

Message 7 of 16
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Eh. Turned down because they wanna see more history on my newer accounts specifically on ones I opened in the last six months. Time to get back in that garden and hopefully for a longer while this time. I am still pleased with my Amazon CLI though. Can't wait to go for that backdated BCE anyway. I think that will prove to be much more worthwhile but US Bank clearly isn't out of the question for me just yet if they were really gonna give me that much had I been approved.

Message 8 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

US Bank is fairly conservative, to an extent. Given your recent new accounts and inquiries, this was no surprise, but you can try them later when things have improved from an AAoA and inquiries perspective.
Message 9 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Eh. Turned down because they wanna see more history on my newer accounts specifically on ones I opened in the last six months. Time to get back in that garden and hopefully for a longer while this time. I am still pleased with my Amazon CLI though. Can't wait to go for that backdated BCE anyway. I think that will prove to be much more worthwhile but US Bank clearly isn't out of the question for me just yet if they were really gonna give me that much had I been approved.

sorry, maybe retry in 6 months.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.