Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UBER VISA REQUESTED HP CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UBER VISA REQUESTED HP CLI

So requested a HP cli increase last night. Transunion FICO 8 674. Says they are reviewing the information provided and will let me know in 10 days but I have not had a HP yet in my CR.

1000 Sl
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UBER VISA REQUESTED HP CLI

How long have you had the card?  Did you try to call in first to see if there are any offers on your account?

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Little under Two months . No I didn't call as I figured it was too soon but I don't mind the HP.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Little under Two months . No I didn't call as I figured it was too soon but I don't mind the HP.

I understand.  I took a HP for it I think back in September and mine was not an instant decision either.  I did end up getting it though but I was well past the 6 month mark.  Good luck and let us know!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks , how long did they take you give you CLI. It's on the weekend so I don't think they will work on until business days come.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Couple of sources of info from the past....

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/What-is-Barclay-s-CLI-policy/m-p/4849758#M1414502

• The minimum timeframe between credit limit increases is four months.
  • If you’ve had a credit limit decrease, then you must wait at least six months before you can request an increase.
  • If you request a credit limit increase and Barclaycard denies your request, then you must wait at least one month before you can request one again.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/credit-cards/blog/how-to-get-a-credit-limit-increase-with-barclaycar...

I think the general consensus though is to either ask for the CLI right after you apply or wait it out for 6 months.  Nothing is set in stone with any particular lender other than the observations we make around here like 61 days from opening with Amex, up to 91 days with Discover, and so on.

Personally I opted to call them after an 11K approval and bumped it to 25K in less than 2 minutes on the phone w/ the same HP from the app.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks , how long did they take you give you CLI. It's on the weekend so I don't think they will work on until business days come.

It took less than 24 hours IIRC.  You are probably correct about nobody being there to review it especially since you haven't even had a HP yet.  You should probably know something on Monday.  If not then I would call UW to find out the status.  There are plenty of success stories overturning denials if that would happen to be the case.  

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no HP as of yet.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Still no HP as of yet.

Barclays: 866-205-5973 (credit analyst 24 hours) 

Barclays: 866-408-4064 (credit analyst MAY have limited hours)

Hard to say what may be causing the delay.  You can call the backdoor numbers above to verify that they have received your request.  You may be able to do it over the phone or at least ask the status.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup called and said too many new accounts in the past year . Tried to tell him some are AU accounts but still 6/12 he said 10/12.

Anyway he said to establish more history with them and my other accounts and try back.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.