Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGH Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UGH Chase

So I was going to origionally app for the Saphire Reserve for the 50,000 bonus points and 3x (as its my biggest spending catagory) but now I think I want to go for the Saphire Reserve and the United Explorer for the (65,000 promo). I have a a window replacement bill coming up in december for $12,000 which is almost enough to hit both spend. But I am a bit worried about apping for both so closely. Im at 3/24 (1 of which is a heloc and not a credit card). I have ready recently of Chase cutting the second card if its to closely apped to another card. Any one have success recently?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: UGH Chase

So, what about the current United CC listed in your signature? Do you plan on closing or reallocating the CL prior to applying?

At best 50/50 given some successes, but also anecdotal evidence associated with AA closures, not just here but other sources as well. Your call OP.

Only way to learn for sure is when you apply. Are the scores still driven by high utilization?
Message 2 of 4
xaximus
Valued Contributor

It may be risky to tackle both cards in a short time span. From what I heard with Chase, it's best to put atleast 30-90 days at times between apps. Some have been able to app multiple times without issues back to back so again, it's a hit-or-miss. I would tread softly with Chase just because they are a bit more conservative and looking at the economy/market today, I don't think it's a good risk.

Just my 2 cents.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, scores were based on balances. One of the things I do as a hobby is flip houses/condo’s. I got in slightly over my head by carrying to many projects at once, and had nearly $150k in balances. I was able to wrap up a project and sell at a pretty nice profit in early november and have paid off everything but my student loan and 1 of my cars and still leave enough in the bank to start another project while I finish one that im on now.

My current united card, is a club card. It has some benefits that the explorer doesnt quite have. Havent decided what im going to do with it just yet.

The reserve would become my daily driver and sm only looking at the explorer for the 65,000 points. Currently im at 3/24
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.