cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ULTA Pre-Approval - What were your scores? If you applied, which bureau was pulled?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ULTA Pre-Approval - What were your scores? If you applied, which bureau was pulled?

I am just curious if anyone who has been pre-approved for an ULTA card, be it a store card or mastercard, knows what their scores were when they were pre-approved?

Also, does anyone know which credit bureau was pulled? My scores are decent and I'm not really afraid of being rejected, but I have lots of hard inquiries on my TU report from before I started caring about my credit. I know the effects lessen over time and most have little to no impact but I'm still trying to keep my total number from increasing.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

Re: ULTA Pre-Approval - What were your scores? If you applied, which bureau was pulled?

I was pre-approved for the Ulta card around the Summer of 2016 when my scores were around 665. I was notified of the pre-approval in-store, so I don't remember if they differentiated between the store card and the mastercard at the time. However, since I knew I was pre-approved for something and wanted a higher SL, I wound up applying online for the Mastercard in December 2016 with a hard pull to Equifax, when my score was around 675. I didn't have any inquiries on EQ at the time, just one on EX.

If you're not sure about which to apply for, I recommend going with the store card and trying the shopping card trick to avoid a hard pull (most times SCT is a soft pull). I do enjoy the card since it gives an additional bonus point to an already generous rewards program, though the APR is astronomical. Just make sure you never carry a balance. Good luck!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ULTA Pre-Approval - What were your scores? If you applied, which bureau was pulled?

I applied last summer I believe for the Ulta card with no pre-approval. I was approved for the Mastercard version and my score was right around 680. They pulled EX for me. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't remember my exact scores but they were probably around 680-700 range. No pre-approval but I apped and was approved for the MasterCard @ 1,000 sl and 10+ inquiries. I think when you apply and app you either are approved for the store or MasterCard I don't remember being able to pick which card I wanted
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was too impatient to wait for responses and app'd! The SCT never worked for me for this store, but after biting the bullet and app-ing I was approved for a $1,000 Mastercard. I wish it was a little higher but Comenity has never been as kind to me as Synchrony. I'll still take it! 😊

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-approval EMAIL

approved for 14,000 Mastercard @ 17.49%

Exp 713

TU 776

EQ 756

LOTS of INQ 25+ on each bureau

145k income 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was pre-approved for the card in the local ULTA store tonight.  The lady at the counter said I was pre-approved for the mastercard - but the little receipt she gave me says I got the Ultimate Rewards Credit Card - no mention of Mastercard.  $400 limit.  My current FICO's are EQ 622 TU 648 and EX 633.  

Paid a ton of stuff off in the last month - still waiting for everything to settle out in FICO-land.  Probably should have waited to accept until it all had - but when she said I was pre-approved for the "MasterCard" I went through with it.  Either way is fine I guess... but I really would have liked the MC instead of the store card.

Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting your mastercardSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats vixen. Can you say who they pulled. And any baddues and amount of inquiries and aaoa. Thanks
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied, unfortunately, but my letter did let me know that scores are pulled from Sagestream LLC.

The company is so small you have to fax or mail in a written request for a copy of your credit score.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.