Did you mean: 

UPDATE: 5 months and still no CLI on Lowe's $1237 limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5 months and still no CLI on Lowe's $1237 limit

@Anonymous wrote:

@Poppa

So...I keep trying to get this $1237 limit raised and I keep getting denied.

Why is your limit $1237?  That's not a standard approval limit, which suggests to me that it was once something [higher] and was perhaps lowered?  Maybe this could be your issue here... if they lowered your limit at some point for whatever reason, possibly whatever that reason was is still impacting your ability to receive a CLI.

My starting limit was $2037. My mother also had this card with an odd SL. The more posts I read it seems that these odd numbers are in fact standard for Lowes.

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

+ 1
I have the exact same issue. My 3rd statement is about to cut and I've tried both the CLI phone numbers, and online even asking for $2100 (they have some weird SLs). No dice. Not enough experience at current credit limit.
I made two charges less than $20 and PIF. My statement always cuts at $0. It was suggested that I charge something and let the statement cut before paying it. This messes up my AZEO but I'm willing to try anything. I've seen other people with lower scores get increases from day 1 so I'm very close to just closing the card.
Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first statement just cut today and there is no luv button to even be found when I log in!

Message 13 of 34
Poppa
Established Contributor

Lowe's - Account Summary (1).png

This is what I see on my account. No image of the card. My cell carrier isn't on the list they have but they use Sprint towers. They called me the code and when I told them the code they couldn't enter it in their system for whatever reason. 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

My starting limit was $2037. My mother also had this card with an odd SL. The more posts I read it seems that these odd numbers are in fact standard for Lowes.

I don't know that I'd stay they're standard, but based on 3 data points here they aren't out of the question.  Until this thread I've only seen your typical approval amounts at least rounded off to the nearest hundred when reading about Lowe's approvals.

Message 15 of 34
Poppa
Established Contributor

Anybody else out there have a low limit Lowe's card that won't grow even though you have a spotless profile and good credit scores? 

I'm coming up on 6 months in a few weeks. I want to close the card but will have to keep it open 6 more months to get 5% on small purchases.

''Please note that our policy allows for only 1 account to be opened in a 12 month period, which may prevent you from opening a new account.''

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 16 of 34
rprisco
Regular Contributor

While I wont say I'm stuck, opened lowes business account on April 4th. Sl 5k, ran a balance, made large payments, been trying monthly for cli and always no. So I just put yesterday, called today, no again. Statement cuts on the 17th, will wait and see. If they so no again, I'm done.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Poppa: Yes! I'm stuck at a low limit too, for 3+ months. I've contavted both backdoor numbers, the website & chat but they always say not enough experience without even running my credit. I charged something each month and PIF as soon as it showed in the account. Someone suggested that I let it report a balance then pay it off. This month I did that and nothing yet. I'm going to give them another month, but if not I will write a letter to the company, then a CLI dispute with the CFPB. I would normally let it go if this had been a few years ago, but I see people who have lower scores and/or no spend on the card get $17k limits the same day as they get the card. I'm tempted to close the card as well.
Message 18 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Poppa wrote:

I have a Walmart store card with a $10,000 limit and wonder if I'm at my Synchrony ceiling with my $50,000 income.

I wonder if you're right. If so, can one move credit lines from one account to another? 

It might be time to visit Home Depot?

Credit lines cannot be moved from any SYNCB accounts.   The only method around this would be to lower the exposure on one card, give it some time, then submit a CLI request on the other card. 

Message 19 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Poppa wrote:

Anybody else out there have a low limit Lowe's card that won't grow even though you have a spotless profile and good credit scores? 

I'm coming up on 6 months in a few weeks. I want to close the card but will have to keep it open 6 more months to get 5% on small purchases.

''Please note that our policy allows for only 1 account to be opened in a 12 month period, which may prevent you from opening a new account.''

What kind of activity are you placing on the Lowe's CC?  Is it low, moderate or high?  There could be a plethora of underlying reasons why this CC hasn't grown yet, but nothing wrong with keeping it longer than ~6 months.   Doesn't mean it won't grow at some point.  Plus, CLIs are typically a YEMV thing and while a variety of DPs point to quicker growth for plenty of individuals it's all based on those specific profiles.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.