cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Approved - BofA CLI - 90 days...91? Midnight?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: Approved - BofA CLI - 90 days...91? Midnight?

Hey all, 

So I got a CLI on my bank of america cash rewards on 8/18/2019 from $500 -> $2300. Tomorrow marks 90 days from my last CLI or maybe today if today is counted in the calculation?

I may be overthinking this, but do you all include the date of the last increase? Or the date of the new request in your calculations? Both? Should I try at midnight??? 

Update: I was too early lol. Denied initially, but subsequently approved via luv button for +$4k ($2300 -> $6300). Looks like 91 days it is.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: BofA CLI - 90 days...91? Midnight?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all, 

So I got a CLI on my bank of america cash rewards on 8/18/2019 from $500 -> $2300. Tomorrow marks 90 days from my last CLI or maybe today if today is counted in the calculation?

I may be overthinking this, but do you all include the date of the last increase? Or the date of the new request in your calculations? Both? Should I try at midnight??? 

As a habit, I always wait 2-3 days past. just to be on the safe side. It's a hard rule i put in place for myself.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am usually the same way but this one snuck up on me so I am itching to pull the trigger lol. So when you calculate 2-3 days past 90 do you count day 1 as the day of the last increase? And the day of earliest eligibility for a new request as day 90? 

Message 3 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am usually the same way but this one snuck up on me so I am itching to pull the trigger lol. So when you calculate 2-3 days past 90 do you count day 1 as the day of the last increase? And the day of earliest eligibility for a new request as day 90? 

I do not have a timer set per se, I just fly by the seat of my pants. And when in doubt, I call customer service and ask

"when am I eligible?" I personally think it's the safest route. JMHO

I once asked to early on a certain lender, and it messed Me up.

So I proceed with more caution, unless it is Synch or Disco. then I just hit the buttons.

hope it makes some sense, sorry I am pretty tired.

Message 4 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all, 

As a habit, I always wait 2-3 days past. just to be on the safe side. It's a hard rule i put in place for myself.

+1

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 17
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all, 

+1

++1

2-3 Days past. Sometimes a week.

With BoA, the Link may show up in 90 days but, you may not get one until you hit 6 mo from last CLI.

As always YMMV!

Good Luck!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welp... either I jumped the gun or was denied. Did it over the phone, shot high, CSR gave a 5-7 day message.

Is it possible that because it’s the weekend that it could still be approved?

Also, if denied do I need to wait another 90 days?
Message 7 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Welp... either I jumped the gun or was denied. Did it over the phone, shot high, CSR gave a 5-7 day message.

Is it possible that because it’s the weekend that it could still be approved?

Also, if denied do I need to wait another 90 days?

BoA does manual reviews during weekday business hours so yes it's still possible for you to get an approval or a counteroffer.

BoA does a lot of internal updating as part of their early morning batch processing.  One's account status can be different at 12:01 AM than at 5AM Eastern.

Did you first log in and check if you had a "request a credit limit increase" hyperlink showing for the account before you called in?  That's the most definitive sign that they consider you eligible to request (not necessarily get) a CLI.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok cool! That’s comforting to here. I had the request CLI button there for nearly a month but I wanted to call and make sure. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get some good news.
Message 9 of 17
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok cool! That’s comforting to here. I had the request CLI button there for nearly a month but I wanted to call and make sure. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get some good news.

That's good.  Having the luv button doesn't to eligiblity to get a CLI, but it does mean that they consider you eligible to apply.

Eligibility is not tied to any specific generic cycle e.g. every 90 days either.  There are considerations in play specific to each account holder.

Don't be disappointed if you don't hear anything either tomorrow, a review can sometimes take a few days to be performed so no news isn't necessarily bad news.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.